Done it! I'm an open water diver :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darkprincze

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks,

Completed my Padi OW today. Thanks for all the help, tips and support. It was a rough check out. But I did it. 9 degrees C. 2m vis. Jellyfish. Surely it can only get better? Diving demands respect. More than i had originally allocated. I found the open water dives tough. Almost walked at one point, but I had a great and patient instructor and we got there in the end! Now to get a few dives under my belt. Get a little more comfortable. I was originally going to go straight into Advanced open water and drysuit speciality. (You need it for this climate). But I am just not ready. Pleased, actually over the moon with what I have achieved. But a little experience within my limitations will see me well. :)

cheers.
Paul.

Congrats, a solid achievement.
Now just keep diving.

Congratulations. I'll never forget those exact words right after I cleared my mask for the last skill-- "Congratulations you're an open water diver" and a hand shake. 9C--that was about our water temp. today here in Nova Scotia. Yeah, it only gets better.

Good on ya, mate..!

A dry suit may well be what lets you fill up that log book without too many tickets to the Caribbean. Congrats!

Congrats and Great Job! Keep your chin up. Keep learning and keep diving...the more you do of both the more comfortable you'll be underwater and the more fun you'll have.

Congratulations! Now, go forth and dive . . . and remember to practice your skills, especially the ones that gave you trouble!

CONGRATS.... welcome to the under (water) world!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom