Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knife with initials found @ Lake Jocassee . Anybody lose a knife?

Since no one else has mentioned it. I responded to a ems assist on lake Jocassee yesterday. While there our boat temp sensor said surface was 58 degrees, and the lake appeared to be back full water level. During the Winter shutdown a latrine system of bathrooms have been added to the divers ramp and boat 3 landings.

Jocassee Update:
I made a short dive today. Lake is at full pool. This is a first for many years! The end of the boat ramp is in 24' of water. There is a thermocline at 18' and another near 30'. The surface of the lake is nice down to the first thermocline. At 36' water temp was 65 degrees and vis was a murky 5-10'.

Last Sunday the temp @ 111' was 54 degrees. Visibility was good to very good below 90'. Shallow temp. was in the low seventies. I had to take off my hood to spend 25 minutes @ 20' to 0'.

I haven't been diving for a week or so due to rain,rain,rain. I'm in NYC 'til tomorrow, but will hopefully dive on Wednesday and let you know what I find. The line where it looks like the bulldozers stopped and the trees begin is, I think, @ about 80' to 90' (where the visibility also improves).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom