Taxi Fare ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

List of frequently used Taxi Fares/Shuttle: (Unofficial, but used by experienced Scubaboarders)

Corrections/Updates will be added

Taxi Fares- Per Taxi, not per person

-Use this list as a tool to get a general idea of Taxi Rates; Rates posted represent common rates payed by experienced Scubaboarders

Central Plaza TO Mega 30 peso/ $3.00 USD
Mega TO Central Plaza 35-40 peso/$3.50-$4.00
Central Plaza TO/From El Cid,Casa Del Mar 80 peso/$6.00-$8.00 USD
Central Plaza TO/From Caleta 90 peso/$9.00 USD
Blue Angel Resort TO Mega/Plaza 70 peso/$7.00 USD
Blue Angel Resort TO Chedraui/ATM across from Prima 60 peso/$6.00 USD

-Expect 10-1 Peso/USD conversion
-Use Peso for taxi fares for best rate
-Add 5-10 peso to rate when picked up at any Taxi base ie: Mega, Chedruai, Punta Langosta, Melgar, Senor Frogs, etc.
-Additional fee may be added for more than 2 or 3 people
-Tipping for extra service and luggage is optional and appreciated

SHUTTLE Rates- Airport to Destination -Per person

-Use this list as a tool to get a general idea of Shuttle Rates; Rates posted represent common rates payed by experienced Scubaboarders

Blue Angel Resort XX Peso/$8.00 USD

-Shuttles are one of two OFFICIAL methods of transportation FROM the Airport to your destination (#2 mode is Car Rental)
-Taxis are used to return TO the Airport. Standard Taxi rates apply per taxi, NOT per person.
-Tipping for extra service and luggage is optional and appreciated

Last edited:
Can-Do maps stays pretty up to date on taxi fares. It'd be nice if they would allow us to post their info, but I guess that's part of what they offer to sale. I do not have their current map.

Northern hotel zone was $60 pesos to town up to the Peninsula Grand and 80 pesos from north a little north of there.

Park Royal to town is generally $7-8 for 1-2 ppl. That was last year though before the Taxi Mafia rate hike....since going 2 miles has gotten quite expensive apparantly. :)

Are these mythical "taxi fare maps/sheets" available anywhere on the island other than the main Taxi Mafia HQ? Will be there in 30 days, would love to snag one in person and bring it home where I can scan, PDF and post it to the inerwebs for all to see!

Anything to "fight the power". :)

Good luck with that, Brules.........hey, maybe if you BRIBE a taxi driver?......then stop at Copicentro....haha.......two can play this game.

I just tried from two different taxi drivers to get rate sheets - I was going to take a picture with my hone. Neither would present them!

One of my co-workers drives a taxi as his second job. He and I had a nice little discussion about this thread two nights ago. He offered to bring me his current rate sheet so I could make a copy of it. I am going to hold him to that. I am visiting family stateside for the next few days, but expect to get it upon my return. I will share it here when it materializes.

I have $5 that says within a week of someone whipping the sheet out and calling a driver on it, the taxi union will announce a new rate sheets, and the drivers will insist that this one is no longer valid. Takers??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Back
Top Bottom