Arms length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark, I have ordered a pair of AOI RGBlue lights, the Nauticam multi clamp with shackle, and the Nauticam YS light mount for the multi clamp. I'm hoping to be able to leave the video lights mounted full time, but if they get in the way I can easily move them to the strobe (YS-110a) locations on the ends of the arms because both the strobes and video light use a YS mount.

I'm very interested in hearing how these lights work out for you! They look like a great concept, but I am a little worried about the battery life. Please keep us up to date on how they work out for you!

I sorted out for strobes........ I just received a pair of Sea&Sea YS-D1 in the mail today :) Right now, I have my Nikon D7100, 2 X Sea&Sea YS-D1, Nikkor 60mm marco and the Tokina 10-17mm is on his way :) So, I'm waiting for the Aquatica housing to hit the market and see from there, what kind of arms I will use. If at the end, it`s an heavy setup, I might consider buoyancy arms fromULCS.

What is the best config for arms (length and how many segment) for a photo rig (with Nikon D7100) with double strobes?

Since you are already considering the arms and float arms. You should also consider the lens/port combinations on you housing.

My Nauticam 7D is a lot less buoyant with an 8-inch dome and tokina 10-17 than it is with a 60 macro and a flat port.

I have found the buoyancy is closer when I use the Tokina 10-17 witha 4-inch dome.

I use 8 large stix floats on four 8-inch ucls arms. I remove two of the floats when I am using the 8-inch dome.

The flexibility they provide are much appreciated any time I make changes to my configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom