Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkidKidd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You guys have been incredibly helpful and accurate on my previous posts so I shall ask for some assistance again. I would like to take another short vacation and have kind of narrowed it down to Malta. This isn't a dive specific vacation but I do plan on doing some while Im there for a few days. I know nothing about the place so please excuse my ignorance. I am coming from the Middle East and the girlfriend will be coming from the states. Although I do want to make a few dives, I would also like to spend some time lounging on the beaches and maybe some snorkeling with the girlfriend. Also be able to tour the city. Can anyone make any suggestions on dive shops, places to stay, air travel routes into and out, and just any general information. We are both pretty adventurous individuals so Im sure we will do some exploring. Thanks in advance for the help....Mike

Really??? 80 views and no one has any input on Malta??? None, zero, zilch, nadda?? Wow, must not be worth going. Guess Ill take my money elsewhere.

Malta is great for diving. Can't comment on beaches (as I've not seen any there) or snorkelling. There is lots of history to go and visit though.

Hth
John

I have been to Malta two times and dove with them: Mad Shark Diving Malta
It was really very nice, I will go there once again this year ;-)
I would recommend a trip to Valetta, the town walls are impressing.
A trip to Gozo or Comino is also nice, MadShark shuttles there with a boat about two times a week, snorkelers are also welcome (and of course divers are)

What is the wreck situation there? I know there are many wrecks around that area but are they divable? I want to go to Malta and Turkey as well to dive.

yes, there are several boats and ships, planes, and a submarine (HMS Stubborn, 57m), some are described here: Top wrecks of Malta & Gozo - Divernet
many of them are divable, some even for beginners, some have been sunk as dive sites so they are in an upright position and "tidy", some are shallower etc., some are rather for experienced and/or technical divers only

SkidKidd Malta is one of the best diving destinations in the Mediterranean Sea.

There are really nice wrecks like the Um-el-Faroud, P29, Rozi and the Stubborn.

Furthermore you can enjoy diving in Gozo and Comino where some of the best dives are. I would recommend: The Blue Hole in Gozo and Santa Maria Caves in Comino.

You should also dive Filfla, a small island that is a marine protected area, it's quite famous for the different types of rays that it hosts.

Back
Top Bottom