Bonaire Report - Just Returned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Wife and I just returned Friday, May 24 after 10 awesome days on Bonaire. (Our 10th trip back to our favorite Caribbean destination. I'm happy to report that both the reef and critters are healthy and in great shape. It's a long haul to get there from Seattle... but definitely worth it for us to have NO schedule, sleep in every day and then just load our truck and our ice-chest and head out for a day of shorediving.....

Vis was decent and varied between 60 & 120.

Did all shore dives orther than one two tank boat day with Hans and Fred at East Coast Diving out of Sorobon. (We highly recommend these guys)

One nice part about a long plane ride is that is gives you some time to edit the video's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVBdnA8FXc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
epic video. simply amazing.
t-minus 3 days before heading to Bonaire for a week.

Amazing video! Thanks for sharing.

I watched this video before leaving work today...awesome video. When I tried to show it to my GF when I got home, we were sad that it is not available on our IPads.

Video is not set to be available on mobile devices.

BEST Fookin Video ever for a Bonaire taste...damn you man...you just cost me $2 G's plus! Thanks for sharing and very very nicely done! :cool2:

I always start my journey from Seattle as well, but on a much bigger plane! How did you avoid the red eye out of Houston?

That was fantastic!!! Thanks for the effort and posting. I really liked the shot of the coral banded cleaner shrimp on the green moray's head... Wow:)

I always start my journey from Seattle as well, but on a much bigger plane! How did you avoid the red eye out of Houston?

We're on American miles.... so had to take a 9:00 pm non-stop to Miami then on to Curacao , then a hopper over to Bonaire. Arrived Bonaire about 4:00pm. We used to go Seattle - Dallas - Puerto Rico - Bonaire.. but they discontinued the American Eagle flight from PR to BON.

The biggest problem is that a lot of the good schedules only fly weekly and 5 days of diving just isn't enough after spending all that time to get there.

My wife is a corp travel agent and is now telling me that we can go SEA - ATL - BON with only one change in ATL, full size jet all the way and only 9-10 hrs of total travel time. Delta. We'll just have to see if theres a way to trade or use our American miles. Also...we'll have to suck it up and stay for two weeks instead of 10 days.. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom