Lost Sealife Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thechiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:(:(

So....new to the site....thanks for letting me in.....I got on here to tell you my story about my new sealife camera that my wife bought me for Christmas this past year.....

Im sitting on my balcony as we speak at Infinity Bay Resort, Roatan Honduras......wow what a place....the diving is spectacular....to say the least....I think Im doing it backwards......I should have started with a little less spectacular and worked my way up.....dont know how the next one can top this place as far as reef systems go....

So on to my camera.....Like I said my wife bought it last year for me....Great camera....We arrived in Roatan on Friday.....and was in the water on Sat for our first dive....I took pics and vids of everything I saw....I had a blast....when we got back to the resort....we watched them on the TV....I soon realized that my next addition would be the photo flash...the pics were great....but needed some light...I put a 16gig SD card in the camera....so no need to DL to computor as of yet...

On our third dive......my son and I jumped in and I unzipped the pocket of my BC and got the camera out.....I was just about to put it on my wrist when I son said...."Dad I have a leak"......my trtain of thought went to my son and I looked at his leak and it was on the o-ring....no big deal.....but I informed the DM to just let him know and see what he thought.....then there was a person below me with a real bad 1st stage hose leak......I tapped him on the shoulder and had him surface to inform him of his issue.....after that I looked on my wrist to see there was no camera.....HOLY COW!!!!!!!......I looked everywhere for it....under water....above water....I sunk down about 12'-15' to get a better look at the surface......nothing...nothing....nothing.....I was devastated to say the least......my son and I looked for what seemed to be forever....the DM sufaced and asked what the prob was.....and asked I we were going to abort or go diving....and I if I aborted...I would have to get back in the boat......I was extremely irrated but could not look any more...it was gone......in less than 2 minutes the camera just dissappeared......

So fast forward to today.....we have completed 10 dives.....with one more this afternoon......and I have not one picture to show for it.....the DM was kind enought to DL some pics and vids of his to a CD and gave it to me.....

So allthough I am in one of the coolest diving spots on the planet.....a part of me is a little sad.......oh well....just had to vent....thanks for listening:(

Hi Thechiver, its Madeline Velazquez (the one with the flash and video light), we were diving together when your camera was lost. Wanted to let you know we had a great time and I am sorry for the lost camera. I do have pictures I can send you (since we were diving together). send me your personal email and I will forward them to you.

Thanks Madeline.....its was a pleasure to meet and dive with you.....We had a wonderful time in Roatan.....The diving was spectacular to say the least......hopefully we can do it again

Ken

---------- Post added June 17th, 2013 at 11:23 AM ----------

Great news......just got off the phone and my new camera is on the way......At a great deal I might add.......Wow is all I can say

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom