Discover Scuba-Some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many divers will only dive on vacation in warm clear waters.

'Local Diving' consists of getting to know your local divers, dive sites, and dive operations (wherever you are). It is an ongoing social thing even if solo...

Oh right, I get what you mean! Yeah, there are some places nearby that, if I enjoy the DSD, I may visit if I become qualified.

Harry.

Hello, and welcome.

My daughter did a Discover Scuba course two years ago with Coral Bay Divers, on the outskirts of Coral Bay itself. We chose them primarily for convenience as we were in a villa nearby; they are a fairly small op, but were very professional. There's also a very reasonable car hire place next door to them, with discounted rates for dive customers. Welcome to Coral Bay Divers - The Best Diving Experiences, Coral Bay, Paphos, Cyprus - Mediterranean Diving

Thanks for that, they do seem the favourite in the Coral Bay area.

Harry.

I did my Discover Scuba there many years ago and enjoyed it - I hope you do too.

I did my Discover Scuba there many years ago and enjoyed it - I hope you do too.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. I don't want to jump straight in to an OW course in case I don't like it and I don't really have the money at the moment. If I do enjoy it, I may have to get myself a part time job to do alongside college! :D.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. I don't want to jump straight in to an OW course in case I don't like it and I don't really have the money at the moment. If I do enjoy it, I may have to get myself a part time job to do alongside college! :D.

If you enjoy it and decide to get qualified, have a look at BSAC clubs in your area. You pay your membership fees but training is provided free.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. I don't want to jump straight in to an OW course in case I don't like it and I don't really have the money at the moment. If I do enjoy it, I may have to get myself a part time job to do alongside college!
C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Hi Harry,

Many unis have Sub-Aqua societies (can’t call them clubs as diving isn’t competitive). A BSAC and PADI centre in Pahpos , Dive Point.

Welcome to our fantastic underwater world.

If you enjoy it and decide to get qualified, have a look at BSAC clubs in your area. You pay your membership fees but training is provided free.
Ok, I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.
Hi Harry,

Many unis have Sub-Aqua societies (can’t call them clubs as diving isn’t competitive). A BSAC and PADI centre in Pahpos , Dive Point.

Welcome to our fantastic underwater world.

Thanks for that, I'm not yet in Uni but when/if I am, I'll have a look. Thanks also for the link, I'll look at that too.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, if the diving community in general are this friendly, then I'm glad I joined!

Harry.

Back
Top Bottom