Diving near Brisbane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont forget the Platypus has poisonous barbs in its back feet too. Just have to worry about the drop bears walking around the bush.

---------- Post added June 21st, 2013 at 01:08 PM ----------

I am used to diving in 5-10C. That will be bath water.

Do you usually need a thin wetsuit at that time? (I will leave the dry suit at home.)

I know that Sundive at Byron bay use 5mm Mares full suits and hooded vest as rentals. Most people dive with a semi-dry 7mm at that time of year especially doing two dives and a good offshore jacket comes in handy for the trip back.

Regards Mark

You guys do not scare me.

I live in the area the sasquatch lives.

Hi. I'm a Brisbane diver. I just want to ditto Sundive at Byron Bay. Just a great operation and the best guides in town. The only possible variant on that would be Flinders Reef - a genuine coral reef that gives the GBR a run for its money. Compare the two, but Byron would be my pick. Just did 4 dives there with Sundive last weekend. The nurse sharks are all in now. Lots of big boys around - 7 around me at once at one point! Few Sheilas, though. Bullrays. Turtles, of course. Spanish dancers. And the banded platypus - a mated pair.

How dangerous is the platypus?
Mate, they're a man-eater. Covert though, you never see them coming...Yowies are worse but at least they don't swim. P.S. if you see one, don't teach them how. :crafty:
Seriously, another vote for both Sundive at Byron and Nautilus in Brisbane. Bear in mind that the Brisbane dive operators usually only dive on Sundays; Sundive at Byron dive every day, weather permitting.

Remember that wrt temperatures, you'rr asking Queenslanders. If the air temperature drops below a daily max of 15 C people demand to stay in bed until it's all over...:dork2:

Back
Top Bottom