Looking for Octo holder that fits Aqualung ABS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkel keeper FTW, but since you asked....

The Aqualung ABS has an Octo holder designed just for it. Clips onto the metal hose connection. you can see it here

Aqualung Octopus ABS. Regulators Octopus, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

I do not have any connection to Scuba store, they just have a good picture that shows some detail. Anyway you can buy one of these clips from any Aqualung dealer. It is aqualung part # 100924.

Or else you could use a snorkel keeper

I have that, it came with the octo. I find it is the worst of both worlds, but maybe that's me.

It's not just you. It's unfortunately fragile on the clip side, and both insecure and hard to fasten on the hose side, which is a real trick.

If you are giving the (Silicone) snorkel trick a shot, be aware that they can pop them selves free because the hole where the snorkel goes is the same on both ends so they can pop free when deployed.

The one I linked (which might be the same as someone else linked but the pictures don't show up for me) also comes in a version which eliminates the clip and has the same stretchy mouthpiece holder end, but with a smaller hole to pass through so it cannot pop free.

Trident Wrap-through Octo Holder

This one is usually priced the same as a snorkel keeper (because for the snorkel keeper trick to work it has to be the chunky silicone one and not the flat vinyl one), if the extra two dollars for the clip on the other version makes any difference to you.

Last edited:
If you are giving the (Silicone) snorkel trick a shot, be aware that they can pop them selves free because the hole where the snorkel goes is the same on both ends so they can pop free when deployed.

Not sure I understand what you mean? How does the snorkel keeper pop free when the alternate is deployed?
IMG_2208 - Version 2.jpgIMG_2209 - Version 2.jpg

Not sure I understand what you mean? How does the snorkel keeper pop free when the alternate is deployed?
Use them enough and you'll see. It's useful stopgap, but it's not a permanent, or ideal solution,

Because they can pop themselves free because the snorkel keeper's holes are the same size, because snorkel keeper, not octo holder. The octo holder has two different sizes holes, which makes it secure on the bcd side and is a bright yellow to boot. If the snorkel keeper was way cheaper, then it might be worth putting up with the snorkel keeper falling out sometimes. But the chunky silicone ones which are needed to make the snorkel keeper trick cost about the same as this octo holder. The cheap flat vinyl snorkel keepers don't work to hold an octo because they do not stretch.

But the chunky silicone snorkel keeper is about the same price as the proper octo holder, and getting an octopus holder is getting one that works and not just getting by with a less than ideal solution.

- deleted -

Last edited:
The octo holder has two different sizes holes, which makes it secure on the bcd side and is a bright yellow to boot

So do I understand this correctly? The large end goes through the small end around a D ring or similar, and the octo then goes in the large end?

It's not just you. It's unfortunately fragile on the clip side, and both insecure and hard to fasten on the hose side, which is a real trick.............

The one I linked (which might be the same as someone else linked but the pictures don't show up for me) also comes in a version which eliminates the clip and has the same stretchy mouthpiece holder end, but with a smaller hole to pass through so it cannot pop free.

Trident Wrap-through Octo Holder

This one is usually priced the same as a snorkel keeper (because for the snorkel keeper trick to work it has to be the chunky silicone one and not the flat vinyl one), if the extra two dollars for the clip on the other version makes any difference to you.

I recommend a variation (Trident Slide-in Octo Holder) on the one in your link. It is very similar, also by Trident, but in my experience is a bit more durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom