Why all-inclusive works for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of shots and diving - leaving for the red sea on sunday :D
Wont be back on land till 4:30ish any day though. There WILL be three days every day - because I deserve it (and because my new photo gear cost me too much not to get as much shots as possible) :p

Speaking of shots and diving - leaving for the red sea on sunday :D
Wont be back on land till 4:30ish any day though. There WILL be three days every day - because I deserve it (and because my new photo gear cost me too much not to get as much shots as possible) :p
Now if I were going to the Red Sea, that would be different. I'd be on a liveaboard doing four dives a day at the pristine sites you can't reach from shore on a day boat.

I have to have SOME time to drink Sakara too :p

I have to have SOME time to drink Sakara too :p
I agree. Dive trips can be hard work, especially with a camera involved. It sure is nice to have some vacation time as well. I was supposed to have this week off as a vacation from my hard-working dive/photo trip and now it turns out I have to be at work at 8:30 tomorrow :(

I do both. I love to go out and experience the town, the local culture, the people etc. I usually go somewhere I've been before but I like to get out and about almost every night. Almost always home by 10pm and ready to dive, dive, dive the next day.

cbm32:

Yeah, but wives are way, way more expensive than an A.I. package.
(Mine does not read this forum, by the way).

I've noticed some people like to 'get out & explore,' and view it as 'part of the adventure,' 'experiencing other cultures' (even highly Americanized touristy ones), etc...

And some people, who seem to lack the fascination with History & Sociology, go to DIVE. The other stuff is either meeting a usual desire (food, drink, AC, etc...) or 'kind of a bother.'

Are you a 'Night on the Town' or a 'Well, let's go find somewhere to eat...' kind of guy?

Mossman's been to Cozumel before. Maybe the thrill of urban adventure kinda went away?

Richard.

Dear Mossman,

NOW I understand. I left LA in 1992 and found Cozumel. You just have not been able to leave LA.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I am also a fan of the AI's. We have stayed at the Cozumel Palace twice and loved it. With the difficulty we have had using ATM's and having so few restaurants that accept credit cards we just found it easier to do the AI thing. We do several restuarants while we are there and love the local scene its just that we do not want to carry so much cash with us. We stayed at the Occidental Grand the last time we were there and I did not like the food as well as the Palace and also they are terrible at stocking your in room fridge. We really liked the grounds and it was nice being the last one picked up and the first one dropped off by the dive boat so we would stay there again but do prefer the Palace.

Tom

Been away for several months... good to see the AI vs Non-AI debate still alive and strong with no shortage of personal attacks.

I'm a fan too. While traveling with our infant, now 7-year old daughter staying at Fiesta Americana, Occidential Grand and resorts throughout the Riviera Maya (No coincidence her name is Maya), the AI plan was incredibly convenient. I'm a bit of a foodie too but when I'm in Coz, I'm a diver and the AI works extremely well with my diving objectives: Eat, Dive, Drink, Sleep. Not that the 2 can't coincide but I can fulfill my culinary appetite easily here at home and often without the hassle. We normally plan a couple dinners away from the resort to breakup the monotony and see what has changed and what's new around town. However, with all the hustle and bustle, scamming and scheming, and constant pressure to purchase some touristy trinkets, my fondness for doing so, in search of "authentic culture", is wavering considerably. I am very fond however of the authentic knitting work and paintings done by our dear friend and the babysitter (referred to as grandma Mika) that has been watching our daughter since she was 6 months old while we dive. I find access to "authentic culture" more readily available at the resorts talking and getting to know the local employees where my money isn't the primary conduit for such conversation. Also, I don't see why they are any less deserving of my benjamins or the extra suitcases full of new shoes I bring and plan to leave every trip. I don't feel like I ever miss out on anything.

Like they say, to each their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom