Used drysuit? Install pee valve after purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there such a thing as a XL Long drysuit for under $1,000? (I am 6'6" but not terribly overweight.) .... I am literally off the White's sizing chart because of my height!

- Bill
Aahhh an old post that I can comment on!
Viking has the distinction of having some really looong suits; check out the specs on a size 03 (regular width), you'll have to find the link for the size chart under the "downloads" tab (darn javascript):
Viking HAZTECH - Ansell Protective Solutions

You can get by with most Viking models that are as much as 2" shorter (on the chart) than your actual height.
The extra air in the suit is just a matter of "making friends" with the suit so you can squeeze out as much surplus as possible.
You'll wind up developing your own techniques that work best for you pretty quick.

By the way; does anybody have Alan's current contact info? please email or PM me if you do.

By the way; does anybody have Alan's current contact info? please email or PM me if you do.

I just received an email saying he was found dead in his shop yesterday. I don't have any other info.

Note; my friend, Alan Hirasawa in Gilroy has died. I posted a notice on the "passings" page.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

Note; my friend, Alan Hirasawa in Gilroy has died. I posted a notice on the "passings" page.

Per the Gilroy Dispatch; Police discovered the body of a man found inside an office complex at 8505 Church St. in Gilroy this afternoon, according to Gilroy Police Sgt. Pedro Espinoza.
Carl Alan Hirasawa, 56, had been missing since last Wednesday when he was discovered dead by police Tuesday afternoon, according to his coworker Roseann Solorio.

As of 6-27-13, detective Ballard of the Gilroy police is trying to locate the next of kin of Alan's. Once this is done, I and other parties that have drysuits in for repair at Alan's locker will be notified. The manager of the storage complex is aware of what is going on, and will also be notified once the next of kin is found. In the mean time, the locker is under the jurisdiction of the coroner's office and is locked up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom