Dove the Proteus this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Twice on the Proteus, once on the Monahan and Dixie Arrow this weekend with Capt Dave and Dive Hatteras crew. Good time; viz was iffy on the Monahan, but if your into vintage cement, guess its worth it. It was all new to me so its all good. Went over the 50-dive mark, so I'm out of diapers now!:D Nice boat, nice people. Nice group of patrol sentries to keep it all in order!

Attachments

• MVI_5824_0003.jpg
    MVI_5824_0003.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
Been on the Monahan once myself & vis was over 80ft, sealife was amazing that day, love the Proteus been there countless times but not this year yet. We were set to hit it Sunday also but had a diver on board that was a bit nervous at depth so we hooked the bow of the Dixie for 2.

The Dixie Arrow was our best dive of the weekend, IMHO - sealife was superb and I ran out of memory card. When we came up Dave said that its always a good dive and therefore a favorite site for everyone. We were alone on the wreck Sunday, a bonus - Sat had a herd of boats on it so I'm sure it can get chaotic.

I'm diving with Captain JT next week. I'm hoping for good conditions and good weather. I have never been diving in the Outer banks before.

Greg you are in for a treat. NC diving, Under Pressure and JT are one of "The Best" dive experiences in the USA.

Hold on................ you can leave JT off the list. :wink::D

We were just leaving the Arrow when Lions Paw was approaching, we did 2 there & were done, we also did 1 dive there Saturday after diving the British Splendour & the Miss Lindsey was on site but luckily for us they were on their SI so we hooked & dropped divers to have the site all to ourselves.

Nice! That was you guys drifting off then as we pulled up. I think a double onthe Arrow would have been nice. I voted for the Tarpon, but got out voted for the pickers wanting the Proteus. Its all good diving!

You would not have been disappointed with the Tarpon, one of my favorite sites out there.
Randy G just did a nice video of a dive we did there 2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom