Diving in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karasic

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

I'm a vacation diver with over 10 years of experience, but only with 50 dives. I'm going to Nadi, Fiji Islands and want to see if someone can
recommend a company to dive with and places to see.

Thanks in advance.

I went to Figi last November. We stayed on the liveaboard "Nai'a." It was fabulous! The diving was absolutely incredible, the food was fantastic, and the crew was world class. I would not hesitate to go back again!

I can recommend Aqua-Trek. We dove with them a couple of years back when they had an operation in Taveuni. They've apparently consolidated their operations into their single location at Pacific Harbor on Viti Levu. Their signature dive is the shark dive in Beqa Lagoon.

I can second the suggestion and comments about the Nai'a. My wife and I were on the boat seven years ago for our honeymoon. The service outstanding and the food incredible. If you can get on the boat when your there I think you should go for it.

Bega Lagoon shark dives are outstanding no matter which dI've op you choose...unfortunately the otjer diving in Bega is pretty ho hum by Fiji standards.

The Nai'a is outstanding in all ways.....but REALLY pricey.

Hi Guys, Just joined the forum (first ever actually). I'm going to Fiji this Thursday and I'm trying to find out from more experienced divers, exactly what to take. Only doing 2-3 dives as I'm going with the family (Wife and 3 kids). Only new to the sport. I have everything except tank. I was told to take everything and also told to take only Mask, snorkel, flippers & boots, knife, torch, BCD and regs. Any ideas, should I also take the wet suite too (5mm Full)

Cheers Andrew

A 5mm is really over kill for Fiji, at least in my opinion. Board shorts and a rash guard is all I wore my last trip and this coming trip that will only change due to an unfortunate brush with fire coral that I hope to avoid repeating for the rest of my life :D So I will now go with a skin or 1mm.

A 5mm is really over kill for Fiji, at least in my opinion.
You think so? I am leaving next week and joining the Island Dancer for a week's diving cruise. They recommended a 5mm full suit as it was winter there in July and that's what I have packed. I do have a 2.5mm shorty but am not taking it because I am right on the border for check-in luggage weight. I don't want to swap suits unless I am certain that the shorty is going to be OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom