Shore dives in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, be advised that the Manta Queen IV has sunk since your original post, see LOB Sinks at Koh Ta Chai

I have gone on Manta Queen I twice, and been very happy with it, but it worries me that Khao Lak Scuba Adventures apparently are trying to hush up the fact that one of their boats sank. There has not been any mention of it on their website or Facebook. MQIV just suddenly disappeared from the website. But I guess it makes sense that most of their customers are newcomers who don't follow Thai news.

Come on.Who is going to write on their website, where they advertise their business that their boat has sank:shakehead: It's been in the papers so how are they trying to 'cover up' the accident.

Back to the topic of shore diving.I would say quero is right, Racha probably has the best shore diving but even there you will most likely go by longtail to dive. If you would like some good diving I would say Phuket is the best option. It is boat diving and seasickness may be an issue but you can also have really good calm conditions that time of year. Another option is to stay on Phi Phi. May still have rough seas, the boats are smaller, but travel times to dive sites are a lot less

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom