Best Wrist Mounted Compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I want something easy to read and wrist mounted. I would like to replace the strap with bungee cord as well.

Thanks.

I like my Aeris 2. Fair price. Big, easy to read; big buttons accesisible with gloves. What is not to like? Just read about someone selling their Uwatec ($399 - half new)and recommend using it in warm water, or you must take gloves off... bummer. See used equip section scubaboard.

overexposed2X:
I want something easy to read and wrist mounted. I would like to replace the strap with bungee cord as well.

Thanks.

My favorite compass is one that points North.

I use an "Eddie Bauer" zipper pull compass, it cost $2.98 and was in a bin at the check out counter.

The little split ring key chain thingie fits over a finger and I carry the compass on the inner side of my palm.

Not been lost yet.

After 40+ years of diving I have yet to impress one chick with my dive gear. A couple of guys, maybe, but I just don't look for that kind of attention.

Simpler is better.

IndigoBlue:
In a word:

SUUNTO.
Actually, 2 words. SUNTO SK7. Hands down, the best out there IMHO.

brianwl:
Actually, 2 words. SUNTO SK7. Hands down, the best out there IMHO.

Perfectly happy with the SK-7. It rated best in the tests I looked at prior to buying it.

Btw:

RoatanMan:
I use an "Eddie Bauer" zipper pull compass, it cost $2.98 and was in a bin at the check out counter.

That's what I call unique! :bang:

aquaoren:
I really like my Suunto SK7 too

Ditto.

Just make sure you get the right one for your region as they come dip balanced for 6 or 7 different regions.

Back
Top Bottom