Pools in SF Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

int3

New
Reaction score
Anyone know of any pools in the SF Bay Area that can be used to practice dive skills? The only one I've heard anything about is Rossi Pool, but the website seems light on details. Is it just a matter of showing up on any Monday night at 6pm?

Are there any other good pools to practice in located in or around SF? Ones open on the weekends would be especially helpful.

We worked on this a few months ago. I was never able to get someone on the phone for Rossi pool, and Bamboo Reef said they would charge a hundred dollars or more for a visit.

Try Diver Dan's in Santa Clara. We used them three times (so far) to great effect! They charged us $25 to use the pool as long as there was an instructor or DM on their insurance in it when we were there. They charged us nothing for air tanks and nothing for dry suits for use at the pool. We made an arrangement with Doug Simmons, a DM on their insurance and paid him for his time. We especially liked him because he uses BP/W, as we do -- although he also dives with a jacket BC when assisting OW classes. I can forward his email off-line if you like.

It was very helpful to practice our dry suit skills in the pool.

- Bill

Thanks, billt4sf, for the tip.

I too was unable to get anyone on the phone at Rossi who knew anything more than "something involving diving will happen at 6pm on Monday". My buddy and I went at ~7pm this Monday and all turned out well, though. A gentleman by the name of Jim Steele, I believe, helped us out while we were in the pool (thanks Jim)! He also suggested calling the Rossi Pool number and asking for Rex next time to ensure they would have equipment on hand.

Back
Top Bottom