Suggestion Bonaire Should Have its Own Sub-Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
edclee

edclee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone else posted something on this but apparently has never gone through with it. Bonaire is sufficiently unique an fantastic to deserve it's own subforum rather than being just part of the ABC islands. Aruba is a party island and Curacao fine for boat diving, but Bonaire is special and world recognized as the shore diving captial.
Ed

I've never been to Bonaire but have been researching it for my trip there next week, so +1 on its own thread

Bonaire does need it's own space on Scubaboard! Plus 1 more, or more if I can vote twice.(;>) Or, maybe 1 vote per BON trip--that's 15 or 20 votes/trips for me!!

Hmmm. Looks like someone got proactive ... It's already there. I wonder when that happened?
Bonaire

Cool. Thanks, guys. Makes more sense for this audience.

I would think Curacao shoud be in with Bonaire, to be honest. To lump it in with "Virgin Islands, St. Martin, St. Croix, Martinique, St. Lucia, Dominica, Grenada, Barbados, Aruba, Trinidad and Tobago" is really a bit silly, no?

The move really should have been to simply remove Aruba from "ABC Islands" and rename it "Bonaire & Curacao"

If nothing else, the historic preponderance of "Should I go to Curacao or Bonaire?" threads should be a pretty good indicator of this. Going forward, where will such threads be posted? Guessing you'll see it double posted.

What's next "Bonaire Shore Diving" and "Bonaire Boat Diving" sub forums? "Buddy Dive" Sub forum?

I support Bonaire having it's own forum.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2013 at 04:10 PM ----------

I am currently in Bonaire for the fourth time since 2006. We have never had any trouble except this time. We are staying at Bellvue a very nice condo and we were robbed last night while at dinner. We lost a Sony laptop, Samsung galaxy note cell phone, Olympus camera, watch, Go pro camera, $700 cash, and batteries and chargers for all the electronics. My husbandspent all day changing passwords to protect his accounts so we lost a day of diving too. The thieves did very little damage to the condo like they knew exactly how to break in and they broke the safe open. Perhaps the cleaning people help the thieves? Don't know but it is suspicious. Its very distubing. I guess if they are tired of tourists this is a good way to get rid of us. The police came but didn't do much. I've heard the thieves just get a slap on the hand. I don't know if its true or not but crime is rising here. They have brought in more police from Aruba to try to get it under control. If u have a trip planned don't bring small electronics or jewelry. It's a shame because this is my favorite place to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom