Scubapro XTEK Sport BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, buy it and dive it. If you like it, great. Else, flip it for $100 profit, sell he Beauchat and step up to a DRIS / Hog BP/W for just a little bit more.

Unfortunately the Beuchat's next to worthless in my region. They don't import the parts much anymore so servicing is hard (I also have a set of used Beuchat regs that I've given up on and cannabalized for hoses), and one of the integrated weight pouches has a broken release strap it would take $40 at least to replace. Presently I'm diving it with the weight pouches stuffed into the zippered pockets and my ditchable weight on my belt. Going to have to just keep it for a backup I think.

Went to see the SP yesterday. Looked good so I picked it up. Tried it out in some shallow water and it works great. Fits maybe a tad small on me but it does the job as well or better than my jacket bcd.

The backplate is practically non-existant. Its just a thin, flexible piece of plastic with no weight whatsoever. I'll have this bcd tuned up, use it for now, and keep it for travelling and warm water diving once I have something more ideal.

Any ScubaPro dealers in your area? Maybe have one of them look at it with an eye towards retro-fitting an AL or Steel plate. It seems like it should be possible.

Or take the wing off and put it on a new plate.

At $25 you're money ahead in this deal.

"That looks like it will TACO badly, I remember having a similar sized wing and it was a PITA to properly empty, even bungied."
LOL I love it when the "expert's shoot their wad.
FYI, its a 40Lb wing. I have the same wing with the stainless steel back-plate & their basic harness..... It works great.
for a single tank you will need a STA....

"That looks like it will TACO badly, I remember having a similar sized wing and it was a PITA to properly empty, even bungied."
LOL I love it when the "expert's shoot their wad.
FYI, its a 40Lb wing. I have the same wing with the stainless steel back-plate & their basic harness..... It works great.
for a single tank you will need a STA....

Expert? I had a similiar sized wing that claimed to do both and it Taco'd badly. I actually had a full cave tech instructor with many years experience and actually very credible say the wing was to big and guessed what happens. But I guess he was 'just an expert shooting his wad' and know's squat about BP/W and such.

Expert? I had a similiar sized wing that claimed to do both and it Taco'd badly. I actually had a full cave tech instructor with many years experience and actually very credible say the wing was to big and guessed what happens. But I guess he was 'just an expert shooting his wad' and know's squat about BP/W and such.
So...You & your 'bud" were using this particular wing?

This is the big problem with this forum, You get these "experts" opining on a piece of equipment, or... who have no experience with what their commenting on....giving the OP & everybody else a false narrative... Its one thing if you don't like it , so just say so. but...pathetic...

Back
Top Bottom