Admission vs scuba fee at Dutch Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novasquid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at Dutch Springs' website, I'm confused by the two types of fees. If I went there to scuba dive, would I have to pay both admission and scuba fees? Or just the dive fee?

Just the Scuba fee. The general admission number is to get in and use their other facilities, like the aqauapark.

Thanks! We're thinking of heading up there later this month on a Saturday morning (4 hour drive) and camping for the night, then return home Sunday evening. From reading about the place, I assume it'll be pretty packed as it is most summer weekends.

It can get busy on time weekends, but it is a big quarry. I suggest the 'peninsula' side, entry and exit are a bit easier and there are fewer OW classes.

If at all possible, consider going during the week.

Frau & I go there then and usually only a few divers -- occasionally we have the quarry to ourselves. Less muck stirred up from mud-puppies and no collisions with out of control divers.

Downside is though that there are less eyes watching for 'the curious' coming over from the aquapark -- we made sure that we lock everything up in the vehicle when we are in the water.

Also parking can become tight during the weekends, especially warm ones where the lot up by the concession stand is full with swimmers and there are lots of students in the eastern lots.

We were thinking of heading up there the weekend of July 27 and 28. That Sunday is leisurepro's demo day, so it might be even busier than usual. But we may give it a shot anyway.

this time of year its plenty busy, but always room for more.

The big challenges I've found on summer weekends aren't with being in the water, but with Tables and parking near the water. Just plan ahead and if you like gearing up close to the water, bring a tarp or such in case you can't snag a table. During the week, on the other hand, it seems to be possible to park in areas normally reserved for classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom