Pro Plus 2 download issue (time out)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueringocto

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 (non-metallic buttons) that I purchased about 2 months ago. I also have access to a family member's Pro Plus 2.1 (metallic buttons). Using the same cable that came with the 2.1, I am able to download the dives to Windows 7 and XP computers with the 2.1, When I try to download the dives from the 2.0 using the same cable, I get a time out error when the handshake is initiated from the Ocean Log software. I am putting the 2.0 in PC mode, and attempting download within the 2 minute window. What could I be doing wrong?

I am having the same issue

I have an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 (non-metallic buttons) that I purchased about 2 months ago. I also have access to a family member's Pro Plus 2.1 (metallic buttons). Using the same cable that came with the 2.1, I am able to download the dives to Windows 7 and XP computers with the 2.1, When I try to download the dives from the 2.0 using the same cable, I get a time out error when the handshake is initiated from the Ocean Log software. I am putting the 2.0 in PC mode, and attempting download within the 2 minute window. What could I be doing wrong?

AFAIK the PP2 and PP2.1 use different usb cables
PP2 uses ver.1 and PP2.1 uses ver.3

Hope it helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom