Good Big Sur dive sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm doing a Big Sur 3 tank boat dive this weekend and I was wondering what sites would be the best to shoot for conditions willing. I figure Lobos Rocks for the sea lions and the large numbers of anemones, and I'd love to dive one of the sites with massive amounts of hydrocoral if possible. Suggestions?

---------- Post added July 10th, 2013 at 02:17 PM ----------

Apparently there are no good dive sites in Big Sur ???

Wow, isn't that a Monterey Boat? I didn't know they would go all the way down there. May I ask where you catch the boat and how long it takes to get down to the dive sites?

Wow, isn't that a Monterey Boat? I didn't know they would go all the way down there. May I ask where you catch the boat and how long it takes to get down to the dive sites?

Yup, and they drive down there from K-dock. It's about half an hour longer ride than Carmel, depending on how far south they go and sea conditions. An hour if they go really far south.

Still could use some suggestions....

Big Sur is a BIG area. How far south are they going? Diablo Pinnacles has a lot of dive sites. If you go to Lobos Rocks, the best diving is where, if you were shore diving, it would be first place you touched the first rock. I've done dozens of dives at Lobos Rocks, and have explored around and between both rocks, so I can say that with some first hand knowledge. If you want to see hydrocoral, ask for your third dive at East Pinnacles. It'll be on the way home, so the captain will likely agree.

Back
Top Bottom