Tipping in Iceland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From everything I read, there is no tipping in Iceland. Does anyone know if this also pertains to divemasters? I can't find anything on it.

Thanks.

I just had family come back from there. There is indeed no tipping. As for DM I dont know, but everyone else no tip.

I just had family come back from there. There is indeed no tipping. As for DM I dont know, but everyone else no tip.

Thanks. I've been here since yesterday but still can't find out about the diving. I guess they didn't dive? :)

There's diving in Iceland? BRRRRRR!

It's the only cold dive I'd ever consider. Google for "Iceland Diving Tectonic Plates". Someday, I'll leave the warm waters in Florida, USA to dive Iceland.

Hazmat,

I'd just ask the DM (assuming you do WANT to tip).

Silfra. And yeah, I could just ask the DM. Feels awkward, though.

I was under the impression that the Silfra Crack was only for super-advanced technical divers. Not true?

The information I saw on the site said it was only 18 meters, clear water, and only had a mild current. Other than being very cold, it didn't sound all that difficult. I didn't do much research though, since dive trips to Iceland aren't in my budget anytime soon.

Hazmat's going to be one lucky diver.

Back
Top Bottom