leaking dry glove.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds more difficult than putting up with the damp glove.

I would rather just take it apart, clean it, and then put it back together.

When was the last time you cleaned and lubed the O ring, or is that also too difficult?

I had a lot of problems with the SiTech gloves, when I first got them. The problem is that, if you don't push the glove on perfectly straight, the o-ring will crimp. The solutions I came up with were to lick the glove ring before inserting it, push it in, and then unscrew the glove two or three turns, and push it back in. I also had a number of people recommend using a smaller o-ring than the one which is supplied with the gloves -- but since I began using the above procedure, I haven't had a leak, so I haven't changed out the o-rings.

I had a lot of problems with the SiTech gloves, when I first got them. The problem is that, if you don't push the glove on perfectly straight, the o-ring will crimp. The solutions I came up with were to lick the glove ring before inserting it, push it in, and then unscrew the glove two or three turns, and push it back in. I also had a number of people recommend using a smaller o-ring than the one which is supplied with the gloves -- but since I began using the above procedure, I haven't had a leak, so I haven't changed out the o-rings.
The OP indicated that he had the Glove Lock system not the Quick Glove system. The Glove Lock is usually fairly reliable unless the 0-ring is damaged or there is something trapped while putting the glove on.

Cylinder and regulator anywhere?

Pretty much what I meant. I would have to hook up my tank to my reg then hook up the whip to the drysuit.

---------- Post added July 13th, 2013 at 10:52 AM ----------

As with most things trying to fix a problem without first properly diagnosing what the problem is usually results in frustration. If it is a minor leak the first thing I would probably do is check the glove. Filling the glove with water and checking for droplets or small streams of water on the outside will often reveal minor pinholes that can not be seen easily otherwise. If that shows no problem then a pressure test would be my next step and that has been described by others above.

Have filled the glove with water, no leaks as far as I can see.

---------- Post added July 13th, 2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

When was the last time you cleaned and lubed the O ring, or is that also too difficult?

That IS what I think the problem is. How the heck do I get to it?

---------- Post added July 13th, 2013 at 10:54 AM ----------

The OP indicated that he had the Glove Lock system not the Quick Glove system. The Glove Lock is usually fairly reliable unless the 0-ring is damaged or there is something trapped while putting the glove on.

My thoughts the same. So, how do I get this o ring out?

My thoughts the same. So, how do I get this o ring out?

Gently pull back on the locking ring and you will see the o-ring. Use a plastic pick or wooden toothpick to fish it out being careful not to scratch the mating surfaces.

Here's a link to the Glove Lock QCP manual: http://www.sitech.se/files/documents/products/60000/glove lock qcp_manual_2013.pdf

The two-thumb method never worked for me, so as grf88 suggests I've used a plastic pick to get it started out of the groove. I don't use these any more (switched to the UTD gloves) but when I did I cleaned and re-lubed the O rings at least every other dive - they seem to be grit magnets and that does cause leakage.

Depending on how long ago you purchased the system and if you have yet to have a dry dive with them since you purchased them, the shop which sold you the system should be able to provide you with some assistance. Probably easier to have them demonstrate how to remove the o-ring than have it explained over a forum.

Depending on how long ago you purchased the system and if you have yet to have a dry dive with them since you purchased them, the shop which sold you the system should be able to provide you with some assistance. Probably easier to have them demonstrate how to remove the o-ring than have it explained over a forum.

Had them for 3 years, or about 20 dives. Only the last 6-10 have I gotten wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom