Off to the Bahamas on Tuesday, July 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are making our first trip to the Bahamas - Tuesday - Sunday (July 16-21).
Can't wait!!! Hope to see some sharks!!!! We'll also celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary on the 19th!!!
We are staying at Breezes . . . from what I understand it'll be quite the long haul over to Stuart Coves. . .
Any advice or comments on what we should expect???

Have a great time! Use the time on the ride over to enjoy the scenery and talk to fellow divers. I've been diving there several times and have seen sharks on almost every dive. As them to take you to a wreck called the Ray of Hope, there are ALWAYS sharks there along with huge groupers that hang out around the wheelhouse.

Does your Breezes price include diving with Coves? If not, Bahama Divers is about 3mi. the other direction as an alternative. Bahama Divers Home Page

DiverSteve-we booked through Stuart Coves and chose Breezes and the all inclusive plan. Room for 5 nights, all meals, all drinks, all hotel tips, round trip transfers to & from airport, and to and from the dive shop, 4 dives per day for 4 days and one shark dive for about $3,100 for each couple.

The chances of you NOT seeing a shark are near zero! I did the Stuart Cove shark dive after a week aboard Blackbeard's "Morning Star." Saw plenty of Caribbean reef sharks to keep my video camera happy.

And, as suggested, enjoy the chance to see the island as you head to Stuart Cove from the hotel. I did... although I didn't have to do it four times in a row!

My wife and I went the breezes route last year and enjoyed ourselves. I dove with Stuart Coves and Bahamas Divers and found them both very well run. I was disappointed with the Blue Hole dive. There really wasn't much to see. The shark dive with SC wa really cool. I took a tail to the face, bitch slapped, by one of the caribbean reef sharks. Guess he didn't appreciate the paparazzi with the GoPro. My high school students love that footage. Breezes is due for an overhaul. That being said, the food was varied and plentiful, about 2.5 - 3 of 5 stars. Staff great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom