Cajun Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are having a blast at the 1st Annual Cajun Invasion in Key Largo! Great friends, great divers and a great dive operation - Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Conditions have not been prime for the first couple of dives, but then we didn't have to endure a tropical storm either. We have a great week ahead of us! Pictures soon :D

Here are a few from French Reef - Donut Hole from today. Vis is not the best, but seems to be improving. Life is good in Key Largo!

Christmas Tree Worms.jpgMinnows.jpgSpotted Moray Eel.jpg

I'm glad to hear that y'all are having a good time. Sorry that we couldn't make it there with you.
Get yourself a burger at "D Hooker's". They are outstanding.

Visiting with Christ.jpg
We're sorry you couldn't make it...THIS trip. But that doesn't let you off the hook NEXT time :D I'll let you know when we do it again...

This is a great group. Between the "real" cajuns and the "adopted" cajuns, we are managing to fit together like one big happy family. The entire staff at Rainbow Reef has really impressed us this trip. It's so confusing putting together a group trip like this - trying to get the reservations right, getting all the details straight, dealing with changes in plans. But Rainbow Reef has been there with us and for us...it's all working out perfectly. One of our divers completed a refresher course this morning and is ready to dive with us tomorrow. His son is set to begin the open-water certification process on Monday morning. Father and son will be diving TOGETHER with us beginning on Thursday.

We will have many more pictures and reports as the week progresses...stay tuned :acclaim:

Hey Diva,

Good to see you back at it and posting again. I missed your great trip reports! Good luck and above all, have fun!

Sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy your vacation! I am jealous, but will be back in the keys in August and again in October.

Hey Diva,

Good to see you back at it and posting again. I missed your great trip reports! Good luck and above all, have fun!

Thanks so much! Good to hear from you. Wanna become an adopted Cajun? :wink:

I was working and saw a pickup with Louisiana plates pull up. I said "great I'll bet you know how to make Gumbo" He said, "no, no I don't, butif you make it I can tell you if it's good or not". :D Damn right, I would love to become an adopted Cajun!
Thanks so much! Good to hear from you. Wanna become an adopted Cajun? :wink:

Hopefully we can make it one year. Sounds like alot of fun.

I was working and saw a pickup with Louisiana plates pull up. I said "great I'll bet you know how to make Gumbo" He said, "no, no I don't, but if you make it I can tell you if it's good or not". :D Damn right, I would love to become an adopted Cajun!

It just so happens we have one of the world's best gumbo chefs in our group, and he happens to be my husband...the gumbo party is Wednesday night :banana:

Be sure to check out "The Easy Cajun" on Facebook. He's a great guy and posts lots of funny cajun jokes every day!

---------- Post added July 15th, 2013 at 05:26 AM ----------

Hopefully we can make it one year. Sounds like alot of fun.

Would love to have you join us :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom