Mares Icon HD future SW suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that Gb and Gb of net traffic have been spent on the AI, but as I read through a lot of people conveyed their wishes what they'd like to see in future SW upgrades.

I'm not saying EVERY SINGLE suggestion should be integrated, but maybe the list can be used in one of the future software developer brainstorming sessions. Some great features could be a couple of lines of code away...

So to start off:

1. Use multiple images during dive. Multiple images of single dive site in separate folders could provide greater detail of the site (ie. the bow, the stern, ...) maybe even small TXT bits for detailed descripton. Call it the EXPLORER mode, or something...

2. Not connected to the device, but the sofware, I haven't found a way to manually enter dive details. Would be nice to have a central logbook.

3. rfortin:
The other nice to have would be in the main Log book screen when doing repetitive dives would be to show the Surface Interval after dives, not the SI showing on the DESAT menu. Less math is better always.

4. DM51:
Can I enter a plea on behalf of those of us whose eyesight is not what it once was?The 2 main numbers, time remaining and depth, are very easy to read but the other data and the button symbols at the bottom of the screen are very small and difficult to read underwater. I'm not so bothered about the button symbols as I'll get used to those, but I'd like to see the max depth figure a bit bigger and when the tank data is shown that will certainly need to be a reasonable size.

5. Godti:
Just wondering if you can set an audible alarm when you hit a depth that you set? It's feature my brother inlaw has on his dive computer I thought was cool.

6. sleepr:
...it would be nice if we could change the units separate of each other. Living alongside the US we are faced with a lot of mixed standards. For example I like my computer's depth to be in feet but the temp in Celcius. I can't have those as a combo.

7. JimBabcock:
If you can read your buddy's Air supply, why couldn't you pass messages along like, "look at this," "where the %%#$ are you? and "Danger, Will Robinson!" As far as the latter, an optional ultrasonic beacon, hung off the boat could steer us in and spare the embarrassment of surfacing next to the wrong boat.

8. Anyone else?

#4, #4, #4 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I have been in a desperate search for a dive computer for old man eyes. I've bought the Icon soley on the slim possibility that the interface could maybe someday be upgraded to include the old man eyes display. One screen, depth and time, big as it can be PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!

I'm to the pont where I'm considering hiring a high school wiz to reverse engineer the interface and make it so. If they can hack an iPhone, why not an Icon?

Quite an old thread, but should be revived:

#8:
Fix date/time change bug

Once more :)

It would be cool that you can adjust the volume for the alarms
or even make the whole thing vibrate.

Vibration is not possible as there is no hardware for it.
A volume control could be implemented through software options...

;-)))

In my early times I have asked myself that could be fine if such multi scuba computer have some integrated camera inside ( it have sense if comp have enough big screen )

Point is that sometimes on very quick breefing guides just show some of their own map of local reef with diving orientation or quick draw on blank table , interesting points , animals .... , current flow ....

By procedure that must be copy- pasted in wetnotes ...but this is rare seen ;-)). Well uwatec galileo sol have posibility to import picture from computer in practice many divers looks much more on their

equipment if it is all ok , than follow instructions .

It would be nice if there would be some B&W camera with strong contrast and lens adjusted on..... for instance A0 format from 1m just to take dive plan inside and avoid all colour post processing ....

I love my Icon just the way it is, thank you very much. I've got "old man eyes" (nearly 67) and I just glued a magnifier on the outside of my mask. Problem solved. I absolutely love, Love, LOVE the ascent/descent display. Fabulous! I don't want/wouldn't use (ever) pictures/maps/other crap to look at while I'm diving. I do that on land, before the dive. When I'm in the water I don't want to miss a thing. Bottom time is short enough without dicking around with anything not related to dive safety.

OK, let' have a look to the future!
GPS device are getting smaller and often digital Camera has one. So it might be a be a realizable idee to integrate a GPS device in the transmitter to get the coords of your dive :cool2:. Would be the xxx-next generation of transmitter. To avoid battery drain, function just should start while pressure is on (to get GPS fix), when going deeper than 2 meters last GPS position is set as marker 1 and GPS becomes disabled to save power. Again at surface GPS is reactivated, after fix, marker 2 is set and GPS is disabled again. GPS Marker data can be send to Icon and be stored and displayed. In Dive Organizer via Google API the dive place can be displayed on map.

Uli

OK, let' have a look to the future!
GPS device are getting smaller and often digital Camera has one. So it might be a be a realizable idee to integrate a GPS device in the transmitter to get the coords of your dive :cool2:. Would be the xxx-next generation of transmitter. To avoid battery drain, function just should start while pressure is on (to get GPS fix), when going deeper than 2 meters last GPS position is set as marker 1 and GPS becomes disabled to save power. Again at surface GPS is reactivated, after fix, marker 2 is set and GPS is disabled again. GPS Marker data can be send to Icon and be stored and displayed. In Dive Organizer via Google API the dive place can be displayed on map.

Uli

Give me a break!!! Take your Nuvi along. Why add to the already long cost?

Back
Top Bottom