Chances of finding Meg teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Commercial tooth hunters are back in our area again. Won't be to long and the trips are not going to be worth it...

I think it is a fun hobby and I always enjoy my trips. Many times I come home empty handed, but I consider that part of the game. When I was younger and I use to fish, I did not base my happiness on whether I caught fish or not. Way too easy to get depressed that way. My feeling is that one has to go with hopes that they are going to score. On the other hand, the people that financially support themselves from scuba and fossils are in an entirely different game and play by a different set of rules. When it becomes non productive and no fun, I suggest a move to different pastures and different people

Was out with Aquatic Safaris last week. Some people got several big teeth. Some got less. I had probably a dozen very nice small ones (say 2 inch), couple in the 3-4 inch size, some very small ones, and a sperm whale tooth in very good condition (5 in). Sperm whale tooth was cool. My first one.

Commercial tooth hunters are back in our area again. Won't be to long and the trips are not going to be worth it...

Yep, appears that our friend from Hatteras has moved to the area and may be back to his old tricks. Orange Home Depot flags all over the bottom marking the areas they have covered. If you are heading out to the ledges, pick up some small marker flags at home depot and place them liberally all over the bottom. If you happen to find flags already out, be sure to remove them and relocate to a different place. Very unfortunate and sad how it all went down, but I was really hoping we had seen the last of him.

Yep, appears that our friend from Hatteras has moved to the area and may be back to his old tricks. Orange Home Depot flags all over the bottom marking the areas they have covered. If you are heading out to the ledges, pick up some small marker flags at home depot and place them liberally all over the bottom. If you happen to find flags already out, be sure to remove them and relocate to a different place. Very unfortunate and sad how it all went down, but I was really hoping we had seen the last of him.

Yup. My experience now is that if the little small clean teeth are on the top, it's been pricked...er...picked over pretty good.

Hopefully next weekend we pop our Meg tooth cherry. We've been searching for 3 years and have found a lot of teeth, but no meg.

I chartered Tortuga for Aug 10/11 and we have 1 seat left. Call Capt James for info. We have not found any more of our friends locally, that can make the trip. It's pretty much a VB crowd onboard. All experienced divers and a lot of fun to hang with.

We did okay today. Not a lot of teeth but some good big ones. Took some new tooth divers out and took them a dive to figure out what was going on. Couple of other boats really close too. One was already out there when we arrived very early and decided to toss the "I'm diving flag right here" when we readied the hook.
I'm very certain that James will do you right and youll find a few teeth.
Hopefully next weekend we pop our Meg tooth cherry. We've been searching for 3 years and have found a lot of teeth, but no meg.

I chartered Tortuga for Aug 10/11 and we have 1 seat left. Call Capt James for info. We have not found any more of our friends locally, that can make the trip. It's pretty much a VB crowd onboard. All experienced divers and a lot of fun to hang with.

James check your PM'S

Ryan

Awesome!

We scored BIG. Capt James put us on teeth from the get go. I found teeth within the first few minutes and continued for 2 days with the biggest being 5" and the nicest is a 3" and 4".

It is an advanced, experienced diver type of dive as far as I see it. Very limited vis once you start fanning but you can pull some nice teeth up in doing so. Running your own line is a must!!! Focus on the teeth but be very aware of you turn pressures and/or time. It goes by very, very quickly when you get in the groove and start finding teeth.

I found a fresh LARGE absolutely gorgeous Tiger Shark tooth and lost it by the time I got back onboard. It was beautiful. The 3 and 4 inch teeth are very colorful and intact as well.

151788269.jpg

151788270.jpg

Sign up for a dive trip with The Discovery Channel. Apparently they know where the Megalodons are hanging out...
(runs away)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom