Pee Valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polywog

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a new USIA drysuit with a pee valve. There was no documents with it, but I think it's a Litemonkey. Not sure how it works or how to service it. Question is, you can't blow air through the hose and out the valve,but you can suck air through it just fine. Don't sound right to me. Thanks for any help,
Ron

first off since you have no documents, I am guessing this is a used suit? I don't think I would put my lips on a used pee hose for a blow/suck test :)

if it is a balanced p-valve, then even when the valve is closed you should be able to suck air in (from inside the suit) to balance the pressure. As for the other way, be sure that the valve is open. I am not familiar with light monkey, but usually this involves turning the outer unit counter clockwise all the way.

As for servicing, get a squirt bottle and run some vinegar through it after every use. I actually use 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 alcohol, but I don't know for sure that the alcohol does anything.

Suit is brand new. Knob on the pee valve has what looks to be an allen head set screw on the side of the knob. Probably closed and locked down with the set screw. Tried to call USIA yesterday with another question. Never got past the receptionist and haven't got a call back yet.

you shouldn't have to mess with the set screw, it's job is just to hold the knob in place. Turn the entire knob counter clockwise

sometimes they stick a little...but usually that is only after using it without cleaning it :)

Thanks for the tips. I went to Light Monkey web page and found my valve. Don't laugh now, it's called a Tinkle Valve. I asked that they send me a manual.

Thanks for the tips. I went to Light Monkey web page and found my valve. Don't laugh now, it's called a Tinkle Valve. I asked that they send me a manual.

rofl - can't help it

I actually use 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 alcohol, but I don't know for sure that the alcohol does anything.

Depends on whether you're sucking or blowing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom