Diving in Lalati, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard that Kirsti and Paul have moved to a different resort, also.

---------- Post added July 14th, 2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

Well, guys, I'm back from Lalati.
Where to start? Maybe from the end... I'm definitely disappointed.
After reading some rewievs, especially from seaduced (BTW, I saw your Desert Dolphins red stickers inside the diving boat..) I did expect something really different.

I wish I had seen your report when you posted it. Certainly sounds like a disappointing trip. I wonder if the difference was our group size was 28, with 24 divers. They had to bring in extra staff, gear and boats to accommodate us. And we literally filled the resort. My wife was the trip organizer and she did wonders keeping the staff and guests on the same page.

We had a couple of no dive days due to weather, but we were there for 10 days, so that didn't dampen spirits much. It was my first time diving in the South Pacific, so I was like a kid in a candy shop.

cubalake,

I recommend Lalati Dive Resort on Beqa Island. I went with my wife and daughter in April this year and they took good care of us. My daughter did the Discover SCUBA program with Instructor Sabine and it was awesome. Some pics from the two days there in the link below.

Lalati Exploring & Diving on Beqa Island, Fiji - 13&14 April 2013

Have a great trip !!

Nick

Will be at the Lalati Resort November 1, 2013. Does anyone have recent experiences with the diving and dive operation. The last post is almost 1 year old. Thanks.
My only advice is to do the shark dives!!!! The regular diving was okay but the shark dives were over the top!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom