Fantasea BigEye Lens G Series / cat # 5135 for G12/WP-DC34 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianBruemmer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone used this lense for the G11/G12 Canon housing? Is it any good? I always heard one of the downfalls with the canon housing is it didnt give you many options. Then I found this looking around online. was just curious if anyone else had any experience with it and if it's worth looking into and buying?

Actually I was in the same stuation with you but ı decided to change my setup to s95 for a better alternatives for wideangle.

But I made a research about big eye lens (and smilar lenses) before ı decide. So everbody says that you can only get 80 degree field of view with this lens. And you can have a glare problem when you try to take photo against the sun or light source.

Becasue there is no glare coating at this lenses.

G11 is much better for macro purposes. You can buy a mount for wpdc34 housing for macro lenses but wide angles. When you try to add regular wideangle lenses(like inon etc) to wpdc34 housing with a mounth you will probably have vignetting problem.

Thats why I sold my g11 and buy s95 ıt was a hard decision but now I have better wideangle options.

On the other hand you will pay about 257 usd for these kind of big eye lenses but ıf you can change your setup to wpdc38 and s95 you can buy Inon lens around 400 usd with the capabilitry of over 100 degree view of field and dome port II option (which will give you around 130-140 degree FOV)

Im not an expert but I made some researchs...

I hope it will helps.

Hi,

Just to let you know that all recent productions of the BigEye Lens G Series, BigEye Lens S Series and BigEye Lens F Series feature an improved AR (anti-reflection) coating on the lens, which significantly reduces the lens flare produced when the lens is pointed towards the sun or strobe!

The new coating really makes a difference and improves the lens performance when used in ambient light, even in shallow depths.

For all lens accessories compatible with new Canon S series and G Series housings, take a look here - http://www.fantasea.com/Jan2013Newsletter/Canon_MSRP.html
All of these products can be ordered through any of Fantasea authorized dealers - Fantasea Line Water Sports Photo Products & Accessories- Authorized Dealers

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at info@fantasea.com anytime!

Dive Safely,

Sharon

Actually I was in the same stuation with you but ı decided to change my setup to s95 for a better alternatives for wideangle.

But I made a research about big eye lens (and smilar lenses) before ı decide. So everbody says that you can only get 80 degree field of view with this lens. And you can have a glare problem when you try to take photo against the sun or light source.

Becasue there is no glare coating at this lenses.

G11 is much better for macro purposes. You can buy a mount for wpdc34 housing for macro lenses but wide angles. When you try to add regular wideangle lenses(like inon etc) to wpdc34 housing with a mounth you will probably have vignetting problem.

Thats why I sold my g11 and buy s95 ıt was a hard decision but now I have better wideangle options.

On the other hand you will pay about 257 usd for these kind of big eye lenses but ıf you can change your setup to wpdc38 and s95 you can buy Inon lens around 400 usd with the capabilitry of over 100 degree view of field and dome port II option (which will give you around 130-140 degree FOV)

Im not an expert but I made some researchs...

I hope it will helps.

Back
Top Bottom