• Inflator Hose

Votes: 53 37.3%
  • Rear Dump

Votes: 70 49.3%
  • Something Else

Votes: 19 13.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a horseshoe wing without a crossover, and I actually added another butt dump to prevent having to roll the wing in a horizontal or head down position to trim.

unless you are wearing your wing upside-down, I think you meant "head up"......

i adapt to the situation so do a little bit of both. while going back up the inflator mostly, when wreck diving mostly dump valve it really depends if it matter for me or not to stand up right

I use my corrugated hose most of the time, and I think it was a training thing. There wasn't a "butt dump" on my horse collar BCD when I went through my OW training class. It just wasn't a habit I felt a need to change.

I have an i3 BCD which works completely differently than corrugated hose style BCDs (no corrugated hose at all). I don't use my dump valve unless there's an emergency because the i3 system allows me to dump in almost any position.

Dump Elbow, rarely use the inflator dump except at 20ft stop to get the last of my BCD gas out. Even more rare,the bottom dump. I just go out of trim abit, elbow dump, done.

I just got a new back inflate BC and I must admit, it took us a few days to make friends. Using the rear dump valve wasn't as fast or effective. I watched the dive masters at Scuba Club right themselves quickly and dump with the inflator hose. Guess it will take some practice...

I normally tug the inflator for the emergency dump at the front. I seem to be acustomed to the flowrate of air coming out so now I just know how long to dump for.

Whether it's recreational on a PLF (Pretty Little Fishies) dive, or, obligated and carrying stages:

I use the rear dump ~85% of the time
Use the inflator hose to get underwater at the begining of the dive
Use the inflator hose to squeeze the last bit of air out of the wing at the 20'/10' stops - I just can't get the wing completely empty on the rear dump alone

All the best, James
I do almost exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom