Scuba.com Has New Atomic T3 Titanium Regulator In Stock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverWire

Contributor
Reaction score
Thursday, Aug 1, 2013 - Scuba.com is pleased to be the only dive retailer to have the brand new Atomic T3 regulator in stock. This is the latest evolution of the world’s first and most successful Titanium regulator. The new T3 regulator continues Atomic's legacy of innovative engineering, superb design, and exceptional workmanship. The T3 is the latest generation of its signature Titanium regulator series, preceded by the groundbreaking T1 and T2 models.The Atomic Aquatics T3 is designed for divers who want the absolute finest regulator on the market, regardless of price. Amazingly lightweight at only 1.7 lbs, it is the perfect choice for travel and delivers unprecedented reliability and performance. Titanium materials provide absol...
Keep reading: Scuba.com Has New Atomic T3 Titanium Regulator In Stock on Diverwire.com

More...

First off, why is this news. Second, my LDS has them in stock too.

Diverwire is a paid news source. Companies pay to post their press releases (or what ever they want). I used it a couple times when I worked at Aqua Lung. It's nice for the company to be able to share announcements. It's also nice for us to get company information, but DiverWire automatically feeds stuff onto ScubaBoard, so just about everything ends up here...even if it's not really "news". Oh well.

Scuba.com posted the regulator on their Facebook page weeks ago (probably when they were the first ones to have it since both Atomic and Scuba.com are located in the same area), so this seems to be a delayed post.

Speaking of Atomic regulators...has anyone ever used an Atomic Titanium regulator? It says in the article that the "Titanium materials provide absolute corrosion resistance and enable more dives with more time between required servicing."

Is there anyone out there that has actually put this to the test?

Cheers,

Speaking of Atomic regulators...has anyone ever used an Atomic Titanium regulator? It says in the article that the "Titanium materials provide absolute corrosion resistance and enable more dives with more time between required servicing."

Is there anyone out there that has actually put this to the test?
I have a T2. It has a standard two year service interval. Twice when I've taken it in for service the tech apologized and said the only reason he changed the parts was because he had it apart. Once he asked me if I'd recently dove it because it was so clean. Earlier that summer I'd done both 25 beach dives off Curacao and a week long liveaboard. Maintenance for me on either trip would have been once in the rinse tank at the end of the week. Mine cost me $60 for service. I happen to get free parts for life because my dealer offered it. IDK if that's normal.

Also it's really hard to break titanium. I've had my entire weight integrated set-up endo off the back of a truck and land on the yoke - on a rocky shelf. No scratches, marks or anything on it. I dusted it off and went diving. They're not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

It's also probably one of the lightest conventional regulators made. The 2nd has a swivel, is non-metal and all the parts are Titanium inside. Twice I've dropped it out of my mouth because I forgot it was there. Breathing performance exceeds most other models also. The closest competitor I've used was a tuned Poseidon Jetstream.

The "3" means a 3 year service interval is standard. Who else do you know that currently offers that?

One of the primary reasons they offer longer service intervals is they have a Seat-Saver Orifice. What it does when the reg is de-pressurized is move the orifice slightly off the seat so it doesn't imprint.

Last edited:
Try adding the matching octo when it comes out - they're currently $350 for the T2.

What's it worth to you to dive the same reg as Kevin Costner? :rofl3:

Scuba.com posted the regulator on their Facebook page weeks ago (probably when they were the first ones to have it since both Atomic and Scuba.com are located in the same area), so this seems to be a delayed post.
Yeah, you nailed it when you said it looked like a delayed post. For a few days, we actually were the first ones to have it in the United States. That is because Atomic is located in Huntington Beach, just down the road from us, and we went and picked them up instead of waiting for them to ship. We were so excited about having them, that we wanted to share with everyone. This one missed the boat and arrived late. Oops!

I have a T2. It has a standard two year service interval. Twice when I've taken it in for service the tech apologized and said the only reason he changed the parts was because he had it apart. Once he asked me if I'd recently dove it because it was so clean. Earlier that summer I'd done both 25 beach dives off Curacao and a week long liveaboard. Maintenance for me on either trip would have been once in the rinse tank at the end of the week. Mine cost me $60 for service. I happen to get free parts for life because my dealer offered it. IDK if that's normal.

Also it's really hard to break titanium. I've had my entire weight integrated set-up endo off the back of a truck and land on the yoke - on a rocky shelf. No scratches, marks or anything on it. I dusted it off and went diving. They're not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

It's also probably one of the lightest conventional regulators made. The 2nd has a swivel, is non-metal and all the parts are Titanium inside. Twice I've dropped it out of my mouth because I forgot it was there. Breathing performance exceeds most other models also. The closest competitor I've used was a tuned Poseidon Jetstream.

The "3" means a 3 year service interval is standard. Who else do you know that currently offers that?

One of the primary reasons they offer longer service intervals is they have a Seat-Saver Orifice. What it does when the reg is de-pressurized is move the orifice slightly off the seat so it doesn't imprint.

Hey diversteve, This is a nice review of the titanium regulator! It is good to hear from someone that has used one. Since they last so long, I guess you're not in the market for a new one? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom