Diver Training/Courses in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB2013

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to spend 2-3 months in Phuket and want to complete some dive courses. I want to complete the training to really improve my diving, can anyone recommend any diving instructors in Phuket who offer really good training. Don't want to complete the courses just for the sake of completing the courses.

You have a lot of options on Phuket. For such a long stay, you could actually come here and "interview" various prospective instructors to see how well what each one has to offer fits with how you envision your dive training. I would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss your objectives and possible coaching/training/courses. When will you be coming?

Agree with the above, if you are coming for a couple of months you want to find the right instructor for your training. You should start the email process now, see what responses you get and come up with a few alternative companies. Then once you arrive you can arrange a meeting and see which ones you have the better feeling for.
Depending on what course you are looking for you may want to choose a dive center with both liveaboard and daytrip options, or look at an internship where you can get the most dives and experience for the time you are here.

Not wanting to create a new thread i am posting my query on here.
I am coming to phuket to dive and do some sight seeing with my wife , will be in phuket for 4-5 days and we wanted to do an open water course.
Our first diving experience was in Gili Trawangan in feb13, we did a discover dive and both of us have been hooked.
So questions, What locations are the four dives conducted at ? The ones in the open water padi course.
Are they good ? (the locations)
Do operators take you to better locations for an extra fee?
Any comparisons with gili Trawangan , Indonesia if anyone has been there?
Thanks in advance
Cheers.

Hi again, Paras Shah!
Not wanting to create a new thread i am posting my query on here.
I am coming to phuket to dive and do some sight seeing with my wife , will be in phuket for 4-5 days and we wanted to do an open water course.
Our first diving experience was in Gili Trawangan in feb13, we did a discover dive and both of us have been hooked.
So questions, What locations are the four dives conducted at ? The ones in the open water padi course.
I usually take my students to Racha Yai island. The water is clear, there are nice bays to do the training dives in so that the conditions are not particularly stressful, and the boat ride isn't as long as to some other areas.
Are they good ? (the locations)
There are a lot of fish, and some hard corals. Not too many colorful soft corals. The water is nice and clear.
Do operators take you to better locations for an extra fee?
If my divers want to go, for example, to Phi Phi for the second day of training, we can go there for a little more money to cover the cost of the additional distance.
Any comparisons with gili Trawangan , Indonesia if anyone has been there?
It's the same ocean, so the marine life is similar.
Thanks in advance
Cheers.
My pleasure! Hope to see you on Phuket!

Racha Yai is a very nice training site, but Racha Noi and (in February) Phi Phi are very viable alternatives for dives 3 and 4. In that time of year we normally finish the open water course at either Racha Noi or Phi Phi, and for 2 people we can do that without a surcharge.

Quero thanks for the info. Stevenl, Ringo sorry for the delay in replying. Currently AOW with about 80 dives. Looking to get complete Rescue Diver Course a few of the Padi Specialities Courses.

Make sure you do a proper rescue course, which means a course that takes 3 days to complete in stead of the usual 2 days.

And with regards to the specialties, it would really depend on the specialty. Best would be to pay a visit to the shops and have a chat there, as suggested already earlier.

Back
Top Bottom