Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna finally make it back to the bridge this weekend, starting tomorrow - driving down tonight. Somebody save me some parking spaces. Will do my standard three-hours-prior-to-high-tide entries, should anyone care to join me. Dive flag has "Kevin" printed on it. *And*, I'm gonna find my *own* dern froggies - really pretty, pastel colored ones - all by myself. Staying at the Super 8 in North Palm.

Been pondering doing a goliath dive Sunday morning before heading home. Oughta be somebody going out then, eh?

1175387_10151574924313531_900830146_n.jpg
Biminitwist was correct, it is a:
Zebrias zebra
Zebra Sole
And NOT common to the Atlantic Ocean, but common in the Western Pacific.

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 01:12 PM ----------

Gonna finally make it back to the bridge this weekend, starting tomorrow - driving down tonight. Somebody save me some parking spaces. Will do my standard three-hours-prior-to-high-tide entries, should anyone care to join me. Dive flag has "Kevin" printed on it. *And*, I'm gonna find my *own* dern froggies - really pretty, pastel colored ones - all by myself. Staying at the Super 8 in North Palm.

Been pondering doing a goliath dive Sunday morning before heading home. Oughta be somebody going out then, eh?
I will be there the following week...

I stuck it over on Wetpixel in the critter ID forum. I am sure someone will know..
Thanks.. those things are so small.. no common names. Some of em I shot was a guess as in, "I think that's something, let me shoot it and hope the auto focus works." Of the 4 I shot, 3 are of something, the other is a twig. LOL Biggest one is 1/4"
Here's one, can't remember the name. Think I found it in the Caribbean slug book. max size 4mm. I'm pretty sure there's 2 of em.
1002188_10151574925518531_1564608750_n.jpg

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 03:06 PM ----------

Would LOVE to join ya.. but I have that work thingy commitment that pays (sorta) for my diving..

Kevin - I have an "offsite luncheon/appointment" tomorrow afternoon. :wink:

I won't get up there until long after you're in the water, but afterwards if I see you in the p-lot I'll share some general location intel. Wouldn't want to spoil your thrill of the chase.

jet

I am kicking around the idea of going Friday...but can't get in that early. (more like 4pm splash)

I'm signed up to go out with Stuart Scuba Sunday morning. I'm not sure where the boat's going. Their boats dock in North Palm Beach off PGA.

doing a night dive at the bridge with pura vida on 8/20 and a charter with capt sl8r on 8/21. will be 3 of us. come join the fun!

Jim / Carol -
Any luck finding our elusive little friend?

On Monday we were in the general area begining our search but there was a photog there with a BFC killing time just waiting for us to move along so we did. Thought it might have been your contact so thought he could do the work and maybe we would get the intel.

We were there Tues & Wed as well. Each day the conditions improved. Today was awesome. We did 2 1/2 hours. Viz 25 or so still a little fuzzy, temp 83/84, we saw about 10 moon jellies but they weren't a problem. Wish we were going tomorrow. Will probably be better than today.

The suspense is killing me!:D
Suspense no more!
1175387_10151574924313531_900830146_n.jpg
from mouth to tail tip about 4"

---------- Post added August 13th, 2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

Looking through my photos I have a bunch of unidentified nudis/slugs/egg casings. Who is a good person to get ID info?[/QUOTE]

SHOCK and AWE!!!!!
:worship:

Anne DuPont and her book on all things nudie;
Caribbean Sea Slugs; a field guide to the opisthobranch mollusks from the tropical northwestern Atlantic

you go Jenny!!!!

Great find.
John

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

Kevin
Was planning on trying to get up there this weekend, but will see.
And again, madness to go 3 hours early which if your going in one hour before peak high would be 2 hours but can't hang on by fingernails that long.
John

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 09:47 PM ----------

DiveDivaDM-

BFC from a woman lugging a scooter....
(or vice a versa)
LOL:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom