Best place to buy a backplate and wing in the SF area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uli Kunkel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am travelling in the SF area, and would love to pick up a backplate and wing while here! I am looking for the "best place" in regards to selection and/or price. We might be heading down to Monterey while staying in SF, so I dont mind travelling a little.

Thanks for your help!

Aquarius in Monterey (on Del Monte) has a Scubapro BPW for a single tank setup which would be perfect for you.

Most of the big stores carry Halcyan, or H al & Hollis, I think Anywater has s nice stash of both in store. SF bay area is pretty big though so you might want to nail down where you will be a bit more if you don't want recommendation all up and down the north coast. Most places don't carry more then one or two BP types though, and treat them as a special order item (which drives me crazy, around here I rather see a wall of PB/W choices then all these over priced plastic and nylon jackets). Deivegearexpress has a nice page breaking down most of the major different styles and sizing, along with one peices fit with what, it's a good reference point to start from IMO.

I still want to see/try one of those freedom plates :).

Aquatic Discovery carries DiveRite

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I still want to see/try one of those freedom plates :).
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...952-new-freedom-contour-rolex-backplates.html

attachment.php

Thanks for the help so far...
We will be travelling down south towards Monterey early next week, so anything along the way or there abouts would be great. My travel companions arent really keen on taking a long detour to buy a Bp/w. :D

Any Water Sports 1344 Saratoga Ave San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 244-4433

Family owned, very knowledgable, excellent equipment nice people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom