help choosing a Playa Dive OP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

come with us! we are better! we have a dive shop in puerto aventuras, a really nice small town with a private marina 15 min from playa, so the reef is in way better shape and less crowded than in playa, we are really concerned about safety and the staff is gonna give you personal attention,we just go to places as deeps as you wanna go and no pressure about time or nothing, diving is supossed to be fun right??! you can check our webpage www.seaprodivers.com.mx and let me know if you have any questions, ill be glad to answer.
Salvador Serrano

Tank-Ha used to be a pretty good outfit, but have not dove with them since it was sold.

Attachments

• DSC01393.jpg
    DSC01393.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 242
Strongly recommend scuba10
Look their info at trip Advisor And their web Page
Personalizad, Nice ppl And very reasonable prices!

Not trying to highjack thread, but what about Playa Scuba? Seem to have best pricing, experience?

Ive done cenotes with Playa Scuba and was very happy...We had Marco as our guide .
He is an exceptional diver and just an all around nice guy ..from the short time I had to look at thier operation, I would imagine they run it the same way as they do the cenote dives..and that's top notch

As a mixed group of diving and non-diving friends, 10 of us will be staying just north of Playa at El Dorado Royale in November. I have done 4 trips in the cenotes, each at the conclusion of a Cozumel dive trip, but have never dived the reefs off Playa del Carmen, nor used a Playa dive operator.

It would be convenient to use an operator who will pick-up at the resort, but the most important thing is to book with an operator who will provide relaxed, easy-paced and lengthy dives. Depending on how well it goes, we could do 4 days of ocean diving and finish with a "gear rinse" day in a cenote.

I liked the tone of the post a few messages above from Salvador Serrano of Sea-Pro Divers so I checked the web-site and e-mailed him with some questions, but after an initial reply that did not address my questions, my subsequent two e-mails have not been answered. I would like to hear from them because they seem to offer what we need, but the lack of response at the sales stage makes one wonder what kind of response one would get after confirming a booking. Does anyone have any experience or comments about Sea-Pro?

What other shops can be recommended to provide the easy paced dives we are looking for?

Thanks for your replies

Andy

Hi Andy,

El Dorado Royale is closer to Cancun than it is to PDC. You would be asking a lot from a shop to give you door to door service from PDC. Best guess is a 30min+ drive and that is being generous.

I would recommend Gersrdo rodriguez and Irene reyes at scuba10 - playa del carmen they are really good as you will see checking them at trip advisor prices really good and friendly knowledgeable people (Gerardo is a padi cruise director)
Have a good day!

Back
Top Bottom