help needed with setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chriscamo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys, so I am new to the underwater photography scene, and looking into building a ncie rig for the few dives I have over the next 2 years...

currently booked up for italy, malta, egypt and iceland..

anyways...

I have a go pro 3 black edition and looking into getting Canon S110 + WP-DC47 housing + Inon Wide Angle lens...

what I need to find out is a rig available to attach everything I have an am getting... I will hopefully have 2 lights and 2 strobes on the rig also.

any help would be grateful

This is a photo I took of my setup with my phone. I used it in Fiji and was real happy with the results. Its the Canon S95 with the canon housing. The strobe is the Sea & Sea YS-02 and I bought a second tray to get the second arm and attached a video light (Pro-torch i5, something like that).

Then I got a small mending plate from Home Depot and using a screw with some butterfly nuts (sorry don't know what they are called either) attached it to the arm under the torch. Onto that I put the Hero 3 black, by taking a tripod plate screw I had for my topside camera and putting it on the underside of the mending plate to screw into the gopro tripod attachment. Finally I took a few small carbiniers and along with some camera wrist straps and even a bit of fishing line, I made sure everything was tied to something else so in case somethign came off in the water, it wouldn't float or sink away.

I was able to take photos while videoing. I could just turn the gopro on and shoot away at the same time. It worked great and nothing came unattached!

IMAG0065.jpg

Thanks Darth this looks great .. Kind of the idea I need really ... With 2 extra lights under Neath ... Thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom