Tank rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Flyer

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning a trip in mid-September with Discovery Diving. It appears that none of the operators in Morehead/Beaufort rent steel HP tanks. I am flying into RDU and I am meeting my dive buddy there and driving over to Morehead. They are coming over from the Charlotte area. Are there any dive shops that rent steel HP100 tanks anywhere between Charlotte/Greensboro/Raleigh/Durham areas?

If you are concerned about capacity, the tanks rented by Olympus are Al100s. Same capacity so you would just need to add 4-5 lbs of lead to account for the weight difference. One nice thing about Olympus is that they have tanks full and ready to go. You just stop by and swap tanks for the next day's diving.

Down Under in Raleigh will rent a Nitrox 100, not sure if steel or aluminum.

Carolina Dive Center in North Raleigh rents steel 77s, 95s and 119s with a Nitrox fill.
Service/Rental

The daily rental rate could be a pain if you want them for several days not all for diving.

Thanks. I can get the AL100s in the Morehead city area, I was just hoping to find the steel HP100s. I have been diving them on trips to FL. They are about the same physical size of a AL80, I can drop about 4-6 lbs wearing them and they have about 30% more air. They are a little more expensive to rent but considering the cost of diving in NC and the travel casts, I figured it would be worth it.

I really think all dive charter places that take you out on deeper dives should make them available.

Thanks. I can get the AL100s in the Morehead city area, I was just hoping to find the steel HP100s. I have been diving them on trips to FL. They are about the same physical size of a AL80, I can drop about 4-6 lbs wearing them and they have about 30% more air. They are a little more expensive to rent but considering the cost of diving in NC and the travel casts, I figured it would be worth it.

I really think all dive charter places that take you out on deeper dives should make them available.

I love HP 100s. They are a bit shorter than AL80s which fits my frame better. Plus the weight and volume issue. I find with an HP100 and 30% and dives in the 90-100 range that coming up on NDL with a conservative computer puts me back on the boat with a nice reserve left over of 800-900 psi. With an AL80 I would be coming up on air and loosing some bottom time.

Scuba-Now in Wilmington includes HP 100's air or nitrox when you book a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom