Megalodons: The Quest for Shark Teeth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha ha Mike! Steve's address is www.megalodonteeth.com , yellow summerville meg sounds awesome, tell him Jody was telling you about what a good job they do on the resto's! On the makos, I probaly don't have but a couple! I had a dream a few nights back that I found a 4.5 inch mako tooth!! Reminds me, I need to get diving soon! Venice is a dream dive spot for sure and Debra knows how to find them on the land! This is the year of the 7 inch meg! Yall have fun!

You are right Sharky. If anyone knows sharks teeth in Venice, its Debra Powell. It will be good to see her again. The shark tooth hunters of Venice are a great bunch of special people and I love visiting. Last time I visited was 2011, so, I'm ready to go, to say the least.

view from Jamies boat
100_8410_zps8c00b03d.jpg

Debra showing off a Beni
Benedeni_zpse330f05d.jpg

Last week I found something I haven't found many of.....a gomptherium tooth, must be pretty rare, probaly have only found 2 larger ones and 2 smaller ones, in over a 1000 dives.....

DSC04335.jpgDSC04336.jpgDSC04337.jpgDSC04338.jpgDSC04339.jpg

Wow! Man did it deliver! That's a dive I want to do sometime. If it were not so far away, I would have already went. I believe it would be about a 9 hour drive for me. You don't see many dives where folks find this many and with quality too. Congrats! Welcome to the meg club and good luck getting rid of the bug now!!

Capt James from Tortuga has some special places he takes his friends. :wink: He promised and he delivered!:D

Needless to say, We are totally thrilled to finally find some and nice ones to boot.

It is on my bucket list, along with shark tooth hill. any particular advice about preparing for the dive or the dive itself??

Have you hunted Shark Tooth Island on the Potomic? We found some nice teeth along there last year.

As for the diving, just be ubber conservative with watching your gas and/or time. It will get away from you when you are fanning the sea bottom and pulling teeth. 25 min seems like 5 minutes.

Run your own line off the ledge also. My better half lost my line in the zero vis of fanning and had to do a free accent and swim to the boat. She was luck there was no current. Scared the shiX out of me when I started reeling in and she was no where to be seen. Good training over the last few years of diving NC saved her bacon.

No, but that is another location I would like to look one day, the potomac and the cliffs.....yep, bottom time is definately different than topside time, especially when it is something you really enjoy...20 miles out at 100 ft deep, i will definately run a line. seen too many open water movies i guess. glad she was ok.

hoping to get a venice trip in before it gets real cold. 3 days in venice with nothing but diving. i have only been twice but venice is like a dream, with such good viz!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom