USIA Dry Suit Size XL-tall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdmsurfguy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm selling my lightly used USIA dry suit. I bought this a few years ago and maybe have a dozen dives with it. Unfortunately I'm not able to have the time (or money) like I used to to go dive. This suit is great and all the guys I dive with who are on the the local Fire department dive teams wear this suit. It's a custom fit but I wear XL, I'm about 6'2" and have ranged from 185-210 and fit fine in this suit. The boots are size 11. I called USIA last week and they said you can send or bring the suit in and they can refit it with new boot etc (they were so great to deal with when I bought it). It's safety orange due to the viz being bad here in Oregon sometimes and I like to been seen by me buddies when I'm in the water. The suit come with the matching Exotherm II woollies. I've dove some cold water with this set-up and been very comfy. It's a front diagonal zip (I was still able to go to the bathroom without getting out of the top of the suit) and has the crotch strap to help with the fit. I'm asking $1200 OBO

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Again this suit is in great shape if someone wants better pictures please let me know. I'm going to post this on craigslist today but I'd rather sell it to someone from this boards. Thanks

I stand corrected after looking at the suit and my size this is more like a Large-tall sized suit to fit a man from 5"11-6'3" 185-210 IBS. hopes this helps someone.

Did you have any extras put on this like knee pads or upgraded the seals etc?

The suit is built with extra ballistic like fabric over the knees. It's really tough stuff. My dad has been wearing the cheaper USIA suit for rescue diving for over 10 years and hasn't had any issue with it. This suit is more reinforced in the critcal areas. I've never had any issues with any of the seals so I've never had to change them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom