Shore dive weekend of 7/24 & 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While flipping through the tide charts, it became clear that if we dive in the morning we will be diving low tide (L.T. 9:47 a.m., H.T. 4:00 p.m.). Being that only a drastic change of plans will put us at or about high tide and considering we have a few folks coming from the infamous "Sauwej," (that's southwest in cuban for the benefit of my anglo counterparts), as well as "Margaritaville" (I mean Jenny's Hollywood), and also contingent upon the parking situation, I'm going to suggest we meet at about 9:45 to be in the water around 10:15.

Honey, would you like to take charge of the bbq?

Scubaguy62:
contingent upon the parking situation

This usually dictates a much earlier start time to get beachfront parking. If not, it's a long walk from the side street public lots.

I'll post a map when I get home.

Marc

I am lurking...Need water...my B-Day is this weekend..I'm being surprised. I am not supposed to know this. :eyebrow:

I've drawn a line at Sunday though. Wimp that I am.

Whose up for what on Sunday?

:06:

So, anything concrete decided yet? I'm just a dive hound- I'll go just about anywhere there's a beach.... :wink:

Marvel:
So, anything concrete decided yet? I'm just a dive hound- I'll go just about anywhere there's a beach.... :wink:
We're doing Deerfield Marvel. It's only a question of a concensus of time and which of the three sites we'll do between the middle part and the south end of the beach.

Juan, how early is too early for you guys??? Parking close by is important, however, we'd like to accomodate you both as much as possible. How's 9:00 a.m.? Marc, is that early enough for good parking?

Here's maps for the three sites.
8-8:30am is not unreasonable to get the bonus spots. Fastest way there is I-95 and exit Hillsboro. Head east to the water. After you cross the Intercoastal, turn left and go through the s-curve. Continue straight ahead for the public parking beside the pier and restaurant for the north site, turn right in front of the HoJo's and head down Ocean Blvd for the middle and south sites. Grab beachfront street parking in the metered spots. Bring quarters.

Deerfield Beach North
You can also enter the water just past the restaurants where the public beach ends. No amenities here.
5097deerfield_north-med.jpg

Deerfield Beach Middle
I like this one, though parking is tougher and the shower is a bit off the exit area. Stay between the two lines of rocks on entry and exit so as not to incur the wrath of the lifeguards.
5097deerfield_middle-med.jpg

Deerfield Beach South
More parking, and a shower at the top of the stairs off the beach. You need to go slightly south from the stairs past the rock line in front of the condos to ensure you're off the public beach. You're also close to the guarded public beach for little bubble watchers.
5097deerfield_south-med.jpg

Marc

Any final consensus on what day this is happening--Saturday or Sunday? Anyone planning to hang for afternoon dives (see other thread I posted....)???
Rick or Marc, would one (or both) of you guys be willing to PM me your cell #s so once Lee and I hop off the boat dives, we can see if anyone is still hanging for afternoon dives, and we'll meet up with ya???
Looking forward to getting wet again!!

Rick, 9am sounds ok but well try to get there a bit earlier (8-8:30) for better parking. I would much rather sacrifice a little sleep time in order to save a lot of walking with heavy gear time.
Marc, the middle map looks good to me Bugs, Fish, & Ledges and a shorter surface swim.
Let's hope for great weather cause we already know it'll be a great time!!!

Juan

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom