Diving Saipan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to be headed to Saipan and I am looking for any recommendations on dive shops that are English speaking? Also are there any good shore sites that are not real deep with a sandy bottom that is ok to kneel on? Also what other sites do you all recommend? One last question would be are there any recommended hotels in the area? Thank you all for your help.

Kyle

Contact Harry Blaylock at Ax Murderer tours. I have been to Saipan three times, and he is the guy I go with. Last time I was there he was the only fluent English speaker. He has expanded since I was there last and now has both a shop and a couple of dive boats. You can google him for the point of contact. I personally prefer the Aqua Resort Hotel. PM me if you have any questions.

Its Harry Blalock Harry's World Great guy and qualified dive Master he knows all the spots, the Aqua is a nice hotel but it is a little out of town on the northern part of the Island, the Feista hotel or Hyatt Regency is right in the heart of Garapan and walking distance to the main tourist shopping part of Saipan, there are other Hotels near by but are kind of run down, Summer Holiday is close by and a fun place to stay, more like condo hotel, very nice and comfortable but a little run down and the water sucks, close to the beach and homey, I recommend.

Enjoy Saipan

I'm heading there in a couple weeks, too.

I've hooked up with one of the local shops, and have been talking with Sydney from Minimax.
No problem with communication, though I think they usually cater to the Japanese groups.
I'll post up on the experience when I return.

I highly recommend Mr. Lee (Jun Ho Lee) at Dive Saipan. He has very good English. Dive Saipan is located on Beach Road next to the McDonalds/Mobil gas station. Have fun and try to dive the Grotto and Wing Beach, also if you do a boat dive to Tinian, ask to dive Fleming Wall and the Tinian Grotto.

Yes, most shops cater to Japanese or Chinese divers it seems. Look forward to seeing your report :)

---------- Post added September 5th, 2013 at 05:48 AM ----------

I've been in contact with Harry and will be going with him. One day at the Grotto and another day at a point to be determined.

I am heading to Saipan the last week of October. I will post a trip report and really looking forward to the trip. zahgurim, how did things go for you?

There is a English speaking shop on Beach Road across from the Japanese Tank called Speedy Turtle. Talk to Eric at 670-234-6285. They have the newest rental equipment on island. They have been in business for 11 years. They are very good at one on one service.

Dale
Still on a little Rock in the Pacific

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom