Hints for packing for first liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find two suits works well. Wear one on the first dive, rinse/shower off after the dive, change suits, and hang the wet one to dry using the clips you brought. This way you're always diving in a dry-ish suit and they get rinsed after every dive.

Earplugs and sleeping pill to help you sleep. I had trouble sleeping on the LOB.

Spare batteries for your torch and dive comp. Some LOBs charge exorbitant amounts for batteries.

I find two suits works well. Wear one on the first dive, rinse/shower off after the dive, change suits, and hang the wet one to dry using the clips you brought. This way you're always diving in a dry-ish suit and they get rinsed after every dive.
I take 3 swimming trunks. I use two the same way as you do and keep one for standby. I always remember to rinse out the trunk after every dive but have occasionally forgotten to hang it out to dry immediately, particularly when in a rush to get to topside to talk about the things seen in the dive just completed.

Guys, I'll take at least three swimsuits, perhaps four. (Extra swimsuits are more crucial than bra and panties on a dive trip for ladies!) And I just bought a second rashguard--one is tight and a bit warmer, so it works nicely with my wetsuit, and the other is just for sun protection. Multiple hats and sunglasses, because I am paranoid about losing them.

I didn't know about the clips--I'll have to see about getting some. Thanks! Already have ear plugs.

What kind of first aid or medicines do they keep on board for emergencies? I mean, if someone gets an ear infection or something like that?

I thought I'd leave our ID books at home--assuming they'll have some onboard?

Make sure the clips you bring are plastic--I used metal ones once and after only two days they were corroding and getting rust stains on my swimsuits. Harbor Freight sells them cheap.

I've only been on four different boats, but they all had ID guides.

You won't need much in the way of clothing. Bring your gear and a robust save-a-dive kit. An iPad or e-reader is good for the circumstance when you don't necessarily "hit it off" with other passengers. Got through 6 books on my last LOB :)

6 books ?!?!

You either read fast, didn't dive much or REALLY didn't get on with the others :wink:

I never got past chapter 2 !! :).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

IN Phoenix now, heading out to the Rocio del Mar tomorrow. Can hardly wait!

4 bathing suits, but only one wetsuit. :) And plenty of books!

Back
Top Bottom