Trip Review: Blue Project and multiple restaurant musings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heard from ASUR - I guess it took a while to find someone to respond in English...
"Thank you very much for your e-mail. We appreciate your passing on this information and will make sure it gets to the people who are doing their jobs well at CZM!"

Thank you for the report Craig!

About the transportation to the Caleta, we are managing a package including the transportation in a very nice and small Bed & Breakfast : Mi Casa En Cozumel.
Just have a look on our website & contact us if you have questions! :)

Regards from Cozumel guys!

Paco

Hmmm will need to look at that option next time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Airport departure: Was upset to find out that the airlines were now charging a fee for checked bags as, as of last year they were forbidden by Mexican law to do so.

Craig66 ... Would you please elaborate? Is this in addition to what the airline charges, or are you saying that they're now following the airline regulations for fees for things such as overweighted?

Thanks!

Craig66 ... Would you please elaborate? Is this in addition to what the airline charges, or are you saying that they're now following the airline regulations for fees for things such as overweighted?

Thanks!

No it is not in addition to, it is the regular $25 per bag fee.

For some reason the Mexican government forbade that fee to be charged on Mexican soil. Not sure why that was the case but I did like it. In the past you were paying the fee on the outbound leg but not on the inbound leg.

Sometime after July 2012 that law changed and the airlines are now charging the fee in both directions.

As far as overweight is concerned I have no idea, I am never overweight, I assume however overweight always was and will continue to be charged.

Perhaps one of the regulars has a little more information.

No it is not in addition to, it is the regular $25 per bag fee.

For some reason the Mexican government forbade that fee to be charged on Mexican soil. Not sure why that was the case but I did like it. In the past you were paying the fee on the outbound leg but not on the inbound leg.

Sometime after July 2012 that law changed and the airlines are now charging the fee in both directions.

As far as overweight is concerned I have no idea, I am never overweight, I assume however overweight always was and will continue to be charged.

Perhaps one of the regulars has a little more information.

Thanks Craig66! Appreciate the quick answer.

Thank you for the report Craig!

About the transportation to the Caleta, we are managing a package including the transportation in a very nice and small Bed & Breakfast : Mi Casa En Cozumel.
Just have a look on our website & contact us if you have questions! :)

Regards from Cozumel guys!

Paco

The trip back and forth to the calleta is not that bad. It is a little extra for cab fare, but if you get your group to pool fare it is not so bad. I found that I arrived back at the hotel quicker this way, and with a non-diving spouse, she appreciated that. Plus, my wife and I adore Blanca. There are never any worries with her outfit, and she and Paco run a great operation. They pooled onto other boats, and we were on the skinny shark, which is anything but skinny, and that was a fantastic trip. Servando and his crew did a fantastic job, as well. Finally, I was lucky enough to get to dive with Miguel, the videographer a couple of days while Blanca checked out some other divers. Miguel is great, and he was my dive master from a few trips ago. Miguel is a fantastic videographer, and is a very capable DM. It was a great five days of diving on my last trip.

Back
Top Bottom