2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were fortunate enough not to have Kiffin for our coach. But I turned on him when he turned on the Vols. IMO, he has no class and doesn't deserve to be associated with a top-ranked program.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2013 at 05:07 AM ----------

Silver linings from the box scores:

1. If the Gators can learn how to hold on to the ball, we will win some games

2. We will have the pleasure of being the underdog in many of our games

I did not drink the Kiffin Kool-aid but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubts and try not to pull the plug on him too quickly. But last night's game just told me that the guy is just an idiot. We have a top 5 D right now but the O is a frickin' mess. You cannot blame this on the QB's because both of them were too timid and did not have the confidence due to fear of riding the pine. After the presser, he just proved to me that all the press coverages about him being an arrogant, stubborn buffoon were spot on. And to see him blaming the loss on the INT and the missed FG really pissed me off even more cuz that POS essentially threw Kessler and Heidari under the bus. That POS pretty much lost the team and players' allegiance at this point. I'd like to see him get fired NOW!

OK - Now I am done ranting.

Gators need to shore up the O-Line. There quite a few missed assignments from the first 1/2. Gotta plug the holes. D-Line needs to be a bit more disruptive. I did not see that many blitzes during the first 1/2. Also, gotta clean up the sloppy plays and you are right, execution is everything.

Hey, at least your team looked better than my team last night.

Spurrier's team got beat, which makes me very, very happy. Don't like UGA, but dislike Spurrier even more. Auburn won. Didn't get to see the game and haven't read anything on it. Was Arkansas State even a contender? The "real deal" teams are coming and I am concerned. As the Bammer win, come on, really, the last 2 opponents..........sheesh.

The Gators will win some games when they quit turning over the ball. Would have won yesterday.
My Tigers spanked the "Little Sisters of Charity" I hate ranked teams playing nobodies.
USC is screwed. If you can't beat the Cougs.........

It was a (mostly) good day. All of the SEC East powerhouses have a loss and Alabama didn't lose :wink: Only down side was that Auburn won. Oh well.

This week will be spent preparing myself for a loss against Texas A&M. I am a realistic Alabama fan, our offensive bites. I will be amazed if we win on Saturday...

Roll Tide!

Found something Muschamp can use to reconsider his game plan and get his head out of his butt. Any other coaches want to borrow it? No, :no: not USC.

1245.JPG

We were fortunate enough not to have Kiffin for our coach. But I turned on him when he turned on the Vols. IMO, he has no class and doesn't deserve to be associated with a top-ranked program.

Nailed that right on the head Gary....

I did not drink the Kiffin Kool-aid but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubts ....[SNIP] ...But last night's game just told me that the guy is just an idiot.

I did that when he was Tennessee. At first I thought he was just cocky and trying to pump the program.

It didn't take long to figure out that he was an idiot. The best thing he did for Tennessee was to "quit and leave them hanging" after one season. Dooley brought back some class, but he couldn't turn that into wins.

Spurrier's team got beat, which makes me very, very happy. Don't like UGA, but dislike Spurrier even more.

I tell people that I "don't dislike Spurrier as much as I used to". He's been humbled at SC.... It's kinda fun to watch his expressions when it happens... :rofl3:

Auburn won. Didn't get to see the game and haven't read anything on it. Was Arkansas State even a contender? The "real deal" teams are coming and I am concerned.

It was a good game. They played good .... but still need some refining. but a huge improvement over last week. It will take a few more games before they can get their rhythm good. ( I still don't think it will be a Championship year for them though).

I and Alabama didn't lose :wink:

hard not to loose when they took a vacation weekend. **smirk**

Only down side was that Auburn won. Oh well.

How quickly Bammer fans forget that just 4-5 years ago, Bama lost 6 straight games against Auburn. It was amazing how many Bama fans quit wearing Crimson colors during that time period. :D

This week will be spent preparing myself for a loss against Texas A&M. I am a realistic Alabama fan, our offensive bites. I will be amazed if we win on Saturday...

This will be a good game to watch ..... but I think Bama will win.

Yes A&M is a good team but last year they made some offensive tactic changes "just for that game" that Alabama couldn't handle well. It made them hard to stop, at least the first half. Saban figured out changes for the 2nd half, but was unable to completely recover.

I don't think that will happen this year. Last year I think Bama (players, coaches and fans) were all "riding high" off the fact that they were BCS Champions and didn't realize they still have to "win one game at a time". Saban is usually pretty grounded with that concept. But I just don't think they were ready last year and got caught scratching their asses.

rest assured I think they will be prepared this year. It will still be a tough hard played game though.

One thing you can say about Spurier whether you like him or not, he is NOT indifferent to the game.

I think he puts two spoons of 'competitive' in his coffee every morning.

How quickly Bammer fans forget that just 4-5 years ago, Bama lost 6 straight games against Auburn. It was amazing how many Bama fans quit wearing Crimson colors during that time period. :D

You may someday figure out that I'm not a typical "Bammer fan." I root for and love my team through the good times and the bad. I am glad that we are on an upswing right now, but I know that can change at any time. I rooted for my team all through the 6 straight losses to Auburn. I am no fair-weather fan.

Sadly I will be at work Saturday and unable to watch the Alabama game. I'm hoping to come home to hear we won :)

Roll Tide!

For some reason I think ole Johnny Football gets his butt handed to him this weekend. He is due for some humble pie and I think it will have a Crimson filling. Just a feeling.

Back
Top Bottom