LeisurePro's Charging Policy Stinks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchase from Amazon all the time, and have had payments split from them quite a few times. There's an important difference...I've never had the split payments hit my bank account (I use my debit card) without the original "hold" dropping off at the same time.

I've never had the split payments hit my bank account (I use my debit card) without the original "hold" dropping off at the same time.

This has exactly been my experience as well. I have never seen this absurd idea of placing the authorization/hold *plus* the charges with the authorization/hold then "falling off" 7 business days later. The authorization always disappears at the same time when the charges are confirmed, presumably when the purchased items are tagged as dispatched/"ready to ship" by the seller.

LP should be paying you interest :D. This really is not an acceptable policy IMO but the easy way around for me is to use my credit card or paypal.

The payment was handled through Paypal which might be why the LP agent on the phone said this will take 7 business days and perhaps not just 3 to 5, who knows.

Don't use Paypal. You'll get screwed and there's no recourse.

If you actually have a problem, you'll find that they're not actually a bank and aren't governed by the same rules that banks need to follow, including consumer protection laws.

Don't use Paypal. You'll get screwed and there's no recourse.

If you actulaly have a problem, you'll find that they're not actually a bank and aren't governed by the same rules that banks need to follow, including consumer protection laws.

I agree with you in principle and normally don't use it unless it's some obscure online vendor I don't necessarily trust. I actually do not know why I used PayPal in the first place for this transaction. However, in this case I suspect that my report of the problem to PayPal is what might have caused the hold to drop off my account sooner that the 7 business days LP said it would take but that is just my speculation and I have nothing to base that on.

The fact that I also could not get PayPal on the line to discuss this after holding for an hour goes directly to your point flots am.

The fact that I also could not get PayPal on the line to discuss this after holding for an hour goes directly to your point flots am.

They're not big on talking to customers. They have no documented way to get a human on the phone and aren't required to.

They're not big on talking to customers. They have no documented way to get a human on the phone and aren't required to.

Yep, I discovered exactly that when I tried to phone them.

I'm happy to hear everything worked out in the end. Since we were closed from the time you posted this until today, I can assure you this post had nothing to do with the reversal of the authorization, but was just how the process works on its own. We do our best to handle customer concerns as soon as we are contacted with them, we don't wait for public complaint to act.

FWIW, this sounds like a programming issue.

When processing a transaction with a temporary authorization, the CC company gives you a Transaction ID. This is supposed to be referenced when capturing the funds before shipping the items, which changes the temporary auth into an actual charge, so the charge doesn't appear twice.

It sounds like one of your programmers didn't quite get this part of the CC process right.

flots.

Last edited:

I have talked to them on the phone. So have others on previous post on LP. They have a brick and mortar store, answer the phone, etc... Normally every time the Jewish holidays roll around someone gets their panties in a twist about the delays.

Anyway, my conversations with them were satisfactory but a little abrupt. I put it on the regional NY mindset, short and to the point.
If you contrast it to Scuba Toys, they bend over backwards to chat more with a friendly Texas accent and casual manner.

Last edited:
I have talked to them on the phone. So have others on previous post on LP. They have a brick and mortar store, answer the phone, etc... Normally every time the Jewish holidays roll around someone gets their panties in a twist about the delays. .

Not LP.

Paypal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom