LeisurePro's Charging Policy Stinks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What question should I have asked the banks? It seemed like the main concern was the apparent double charge and inability to access the funds that were held up by the authorization, so that's what I asked about.

I wrote about what a typical day was like for me two and a half years ago. Some things have changed: I don't need my ADD meds anymore; add in Pinterest and Google+ for networks I actively manage; double the whole thing because I now do that for two of our brands. Here's the article I wrote: SCUBA Business Social Media Marketing Time Management

Ah, I see. You aren't actually the irate customer massage person.

If you have $10, 000 in your bank account, and due to an order for a transaction which will cost you $5000, and that money is on hold . . .and you try to do another transaction for $6000 before the hold clears too bad for you.

Think of it in the way a certified cheque is dealt with.

FTR I think very highly of LP and especially what you bring to the equation Nick. I believe you have dealt very professionally and proactively on behalf of LP in some pretty tough situations.

Now to your calls, do their answers apply with PayPal debit transactions as I believe this thread is about? Perhaps PayPal is the issue but I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say there is an issue somewhere with LP's transaction (not saying LP is the issue either). If anybody is holding onto duplicate funds for even an hour it is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......figure it out

According to the customer service people at my various banks, if that $5000 transaction is simply an authorization, the following $6000 transaction will go through without a problem. If the first $5000 transaction was a charge, then no, the following $6000 transaction wouldn't go through.

I realize I made a mistake (sorry, fighting a pretty nasty cold so I'm not firing on all cylinders today) and thought people were looking for an explanation when what is really needed is an apology.

I'm sorry this transaction didn't go the way it was expected to go. I've passed along this feedback to our team and have been assured our system is set up with our payment processors correctly. I assure everyone that it is not our policy to double charge and should there be either a computer or human glitch that causes a mistake, we will work to fix it as quickly as possible. I have passed along that PayPal may do some things in terms of authorizations and charges that may appear strange to customers. We address any and all concerns as they are brought to our attention, I'm sorry this situation was delayed due to our holiday closure.

Should anyone read this post in the coming weeks and have their own issue that needs to be addressed, we will be closed the following days:

September 18 & 25 we will be closing early. September 19, 20, 26, and 27 we will be closed.

Should you need any help with anything from selecting a product to dealing with a warranty, please do not hesitate to contact me at nickb@leisurepro.com.

---------- Post added September 11th, 2013 at 03:40 PM ----------

Now to your calls, do their answers apply with PayPal debit transactions as I believe this thread is about?

I asked how it would work if I used my card via PayPal. Three of the cards I called on are debit cards, the others are credit cards. I didn't get as unequivocal answers, it was either along the lines of "You'd have to ask PayPal" or "As long as PayPal processes it as an authorization it should work the same way as if you did it directly". If duplicate funds are held, I'll again state they are not held by us.

This thread reminds me of the following quote, which scubamarketing should consider tattooing backwards on his forehead before posting further responses to the OP's somewhat weird concern:

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

This thread reminds me of the following quote, which scubamarketing should consider tattooing backwards on his forehead before posting further responses to the OP's somewhat weird concern:

Go troll somewhere else please...
I don't care wether you think I have a "somewhat weird concern". As for your implied ad-hominem of being the pig in question in your statement, in as nice a way as possible that I know how to say this, I repeat, go troll somewhere else please...
:dork2:

I asked how it would work if I used my card via PayPal. Three of the cards I called on are debit cards, the others are credit cards. I didn't get as unequivocal answers, it was either along the lines of "You'd have to ask PayPal" or "As long as PayPal processes it as an authorization it should work the same way as if you did it directly". If duplicate funds are held, I'll again state they are not held by us.

It's very "iffy" and depends almost entirely on how pro-consumer your bank is.

Paypal is a "Money Transfer Agent" (like Western Union) not a bank, so what happens when you buy something from a company that uses Paypal, is that your CC company gives Paypal money and charges your credit card.

Paypal then gives the money to the vendor, who ships the merchandise to you.

However if things go badly, and you call your bank to get your money back, your bank can not go after the vendor who sold you whatever you're not happy with because they never sent the vendor any money. They also can't go after Paypal because Paypal didn't do anything wrong (they just transferred money as you requested)

On the other hand, the CC company sometimes does the right thing anyway. I got screwed over on a purchase via paypal a few years ago, complained to BofA, and BofA said they didn't really care who did what and they were taking back their money anyway and would credit me. And they did.

For all the Evil Bank stuff in the news, it's nice when they do the right thing even when they don't have to.

flots.

Last edited:
I use a cc to Paypal. I haven't seen a double charge yet. I wouldn't want to make a large purchase and have my credit double charged. Sorry LP, but the OP's story leaves me cold.
I'll avoid the problems and shop elsewhere.

I use a cc to Paypal. I haven't seen a double charge yet. I wouldn't want to make a large purchase and have my credit double charged. Sorry LP, but the OP's story leaves me cold.
I'll avoid the problems and shop elsewhere.

As has been stated many times, there was no double charge. There was an authorization then a charge.

Double charge may not be the right choice of words. But double the amount against available credit seems to be a deterrent for me to use this process, especially for a larger purchase amount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom