Canary Islands in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can expect 20-21 Celsius degrees water. The ocean can be choppy but usually most dive centers can offer another site if the chosen one isn't safe. In my opinion Gran Canaria is a perfect destination if you want to do different dives, reefs, wrecks, caverns etc.
Maybe you can check my article:
The Eastern Canary Islands - divingiscool.com

Gran Canary in December is very nice and good – the species vary during the year, because of the water temperature.
Last December I was seeing octopuses, rays, barracudas and lot of other species – the water temperature was 21 Celsius.
The visibility was about 15 to 25 m.

It can be a bit chilly between the dives, because of the wind, so take some wind protection with you.

I have also being diving at Lanzarote in December, but the diving is in my opinion is better and there are possibility to vary the type of dive at Gran Canary, so I would recommend Gran Canary.

If you want a recommendation of a dive centre at Gran Canary, can I recommend Dive Academy Gran Canaria in Arguineguin.
They have pick up service, so you don’t need to stay in Arguineguin
They are offer shore and boat dives, there are reef dives, wreck dives.

I have been diving with them 6 times over the last 5 years, and I am very satisfied, it is very nice place and you will have very good service, safe dives, very nice atmosphere to be in.

PADI Scuba Diving Centre Dive Academy Gran Canaria Diving School in Arguineguin Puerto Rico Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles Gran Canaria Boat and Shore Diving Canary Island Dive Courses Dive Holidays

I can recommend Dive Academy too, I had awesome dives with them.

I know all seven Islands:
Number 1 is La Palma
Number 2 is Lanzarote
Number 3 is Tenerife
The worst is Fuerteventura. Its underwater and on the surface very boring.

I lived about 10 Years on Lanzarote, so i know each Corner on the Island :D There is just a small Wood in the North.
Tenerife, for Example, have hughe, huge, huge Woods, and its fantastic green. You lay down on the Beach in the hot Sund and watch to the Top, where lay Snow. Fantastic!
But La Palma IS one Wood. Its sooooooo green with many, many Plants, Flowers, Trees.... so fantastic.
And Underwater the same. Its more beautiful than the other Islands.
Take a Flight, from Lanzarote its very cheap, and try it for a few days.
Ask a Friend of me about Photos and more Information about La Palma, his Name is GOOGLE ;-)
Have Fun!

La Palma is a beautiful island, but in my opinion does not have the best diving.
It always depends a bit on one's preferences, but El Hierro is definitely at the top. I have enjoyed also quite a lot diving in Gran Canaria (it offers for instance some big wrecks) and Lanzarote.

I am absolutely obsessed with diving in the Canaries. Particularly Tenerife. It is absolutely beautiful and the diving is much better in the Winter. The weather is warm and the water is a little colder (19-20..i got away with a 3mm until end of November). The angel sharks, Rays etc come out in November so December is really nice! There is alot of sites for every type of diver. If you need a good Dive center let me know, they have amazing prices and they have discounts for dive packages. They can even look into getting you a discount for apartments or hotels!

Back
Top Bottom