Micronesia - Pohnpei - Village Hotel has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A bit late to report this news but the Village Hotel on the island of Pohnpei in Micornesia has closed. It would appear the that land leases which originally was for land owned by 4 people over almost 40 years was split into ownership by 26 people. It was all too much for new leases as such they closed:

Closure Of The Village Hotel In Pohnpei: The End Of An Era - April 16, 2013

We stayed there is 2006 and had a very nice time. Sad to see they have closed. There are other options but none that will come close.

We stayed there in 1997, fantastic views.

The Cliff Rainbow is "ok" and though I haven't dive with them yet, I stopped by Pohnpei Surf Club on my last trip and their place looks nice. PSC said they will open their dive shop in June 2013.

Diving in Pohnpei

Been to Palau 4 times and thinking of changing it up this year? Anyone have advice on pohnpei? Now the village is closed, I don't know who to contact. Also any reviews of ding would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom